cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing nightmare.

r8bwp
Dabbler

Billing nightmare.

My last bill was received in April. October i phoned up to find out what was going on was told that when i got a bill it would be only be back dated 3 months and that i would be able to set up a payment plan.November  Received an email from billing that they were going to take £276. This bill was wrong and should have been £168,

This 168 was comprised of 3 months back date and one month in advance after repeated phone calls and different people who tried to remedy the mistake of the billing system and multiple credits to my account and being told to cancel my direct debit. i had had enough and demanded to speak to a manager to get this sorted out. This did not go well. i was given a £50 compensation. this took the bill down to 118 as i wanted to pay the bill over 2 months. The talk with the manager was heated and lasted for over an hour.for the life of me i could not see how his figures did not match mine. so i received my payment plan 133 for december and 133 for january. I have tried to get a bill breakdown online but thats not working. I have some mental health issues which do not help. This has left me feeling very bitter about the whole matter...For the life of me i cannot see how they have come up with the bill.

7 REPLIES 7
r8bwp
Dabbler

Re: Billing nightmare.

Thank you for your call today in regards to your suspended billing on your account.

As we discussed, it appears as though the billing for your account is still suspended at this stage and as such we would be unable to take a payment from you at this stage.

When the billing issue does get resolved and your account is no longer suspended, we will backdate the billing by 90 days.

I appreciate that you wanted to call today to ensure that we did not think you were avoiding paying us and that you have attempted to make the payment.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at Contact Us or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Your Plusnet bill's now ready to view, and you can log in here to see it.

We'll soon be taking a payment of £267.68 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 14th November 2019.

To see a full history of your payments, or to update your payment details, head over to our Member Centre.

If you've got any questions about your bill, or your account in general, you can chat to an advisor online, or give us a call on 0800 432 0200.

Best wishes,

Customer called regarding final bill generated - Advised that the latest bill is incorrect Spoken with TL who is happy for the bill to be charged at £42.48 for the 4 months totaling £169.92 as apposed to the £267.68

Call dropped while on hold confirm with TL

Kind regards,

Ryan Gibson

Your Direct Debit mandate for your service has been stopped, this is usually at the request of you, or your bank.

You can setup a new Direct Debit at the Payment Details section of My Account.

As per our tleephone conversation i have attached the copy of the email from zara  Hi there Richard, Hope you are well. As discussed, we have advised in order to process the credit of £97.76 we would advise to cancel the direct debit to prevent the balance been taken from your account on the 14th onwards. Once the direct debit fails on our end this will mean the balance will be displayed as £169.92. Furthermore, as the amount would still be a large amount we did state we can put you in a payment plan once all the requirements have been met. I do need to make you aware we would need an active direct debit so this can be re instated after the balance has failed and do this over the chosen months of your choosing. Lastly, once in a payment plan you would need to make a down payment from the current balance and the following months would include the payment plan amount plus the monthly subscription amount. 

We've not been able to take the payment due on 7th November 2019.

Payment due

Amount owed: £267.68

To avoid restrictions to your service please make a payment in the next 14 days.

Thank you for your time on the phone. As per our conversation, i have applied credit totaling  £98.76, this is to bring the outstanding balance to £169.92. Please allow 2 hours for this to show against the balance. I have agreed to monitor this and call you back. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us either by calling 0800 432 0200 or by going to our Ask a Question page if you require further assistance and don't forget that you can get the answer to most questions by visiting our Online Support Pages.

We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a credit. £35.00 will be credited to your account for the following reason:

Gesture of goodwill

You'll see this amount deducted from your next bill, please let us know if you have any questions.

We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a credit. £28.76 will be credited to your account for the following reason:

Gesture of goodwill

We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a credit. £35.00 will be credited to your account for the following reason:

Gesture of goodwill

hank you for your time on the phone. As per our conversation, please accept my apologies. I understand your frustration regarding the payment  plan and the balance it is trying to set it up over is incorrect. We have applied the correct credits but this has not been recognized when we proceed with the payment plan. They options we have going forward are we set the payment plan up and allow it to take the incorrect amount and apply credits or refund back to you. Or we would need a Team Leader to authorise a refund for the whole difference and we set the payment plan as it is suggesting. Please get back to us with what you would like us to proceed with. Again i am sorry about this. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us either by calling 0800 432 0200 or by going to our Ask a Question page if you require further assistance and don't forget that you can get the answer to most questions by visiting our Online Support Pages.

hank you for your time on the phone today. Firstly I would like to apologise for the issues with the billing on the account, I can see that a credit has been applied yesterday to reduce the balance from £267.68 to 168.92 but when we are looking to apply a payment plan to the account the balance is going back up to the full value of £267.68.  What we are currently doing is speaking to our Billing team and once I have an update I will call you back, at the very latest I will call at 4:15pm to let you know any information that we have at that time. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online via Online Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can assist with anything else. You can get answers to most questions using our support pages by going to Help and Support where you can find helpful guides for most issues.

hank you for your patience. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get hold of you today. The current situation with regards to the billing is that for the balance for the payment plan to show correctly is we need to wait for the next months invoice to generate. We are trying to get it so that the services won't be impacted whilst this is happening, I will be back in on Monday so I will check the account again then and call you back with any updates. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online via Online Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can assist with anything else. You can get answers to most questions using our support pages by going to Help and Support where you can find helpful guides for most issues.

ust a reminder that you need to make a payment that's due on your Plusnet account.

To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 9 days.

Payment due

Amount owed: £168.92
Date payment was due: 7th November 2019

I called you today regarding an outstanding balance of £168.92 on your account. You are currently on day 7 of failed payment.If payment is not made by day 14, your service will be restricted and we will add £13.26 of late payment charges to the outstanding balance. Kind regards, Rosie Foley 

We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a credit. £30.00 will be credited to your account for the following reason:

Gesture of goodwill

You'll see this amount deducted from your next bill, please let us know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a credit. £20.00 will be credited to your account for the following reason:

Gesture of goodwill

We recently attempted to take payment on 14th November 2019 for £267.68. You have notified us you are unable to make this payment and we have authorised a Payment Plan on your account.

What happens next?

The restrictions on your services have been lifted. Today you have made a payment of £1.00 and as agreed, you are required to pay the balance across 2 monthly instalments:

£133.34 due on 7th December 2019

£133.34 due on 7th January 2020

Please note, these payments are due in addition to your standard monthly invoices.

If payment is not received in line with the agreement above; your balance will be due in full and you may incur additional charges.

How to pay

You can pay online by logging in to https://www.plus.net/pay/ and following the on-screen instructions.

If you've got any problems with making a payment just call us on 0800 432 0200.

Need help?

For more information about paying check our Billing Guide.

Kind regards,

Paul Coulton
Customer Operations Director
www.plus.net

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @r8bwp,

I'm really disappointed to read about your experience with the billing on your account after it was removed from suspension. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration caused. It's certainly not the customer service nor experience we want any customer to have.

With regards to a breakdown of the payment plan, that can be found here - this includes a breakdown of how we came to payment plan amounts as well as the length of time this for and when it will revert back to your contracted payments amounts.

I hope it clears things up for you, however, if you need further assistance please get back to us here.

Thanks.

r8bwp
Dabbler

i clicked your link and went to billing it just gives me a white screen. The one screen i need to work doesn`t

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @r8bwp,

Have you tried accessing the ticket in another browser/device?

You should also have received an email notification of this ticket via the email address you registered with us.

Thanks.

r8bwp
Dabbler

I managed to get the bill final price was £267,78. It was only 16 pages long. spoke to customer services. Mathew was very helpful and did his best to resolve the issue. The conclusion to the call was 3 months +1 month = 175.92 account credited with £93.76 date 7/11/19

and because i requested it to be a payment plan of 2 months we can add on 2 months(december and january) a further £87.96 = £263.88 -£50(compensation good will gesture from the manager)= £213.88 because of two month plan £213.88/2=£106.94 per month

These are the figures i see. My bank statements says direct debit was £43.38 a month 4+2x43.38=260.28-50=210.28/2=105.14. the plus 2 is the 2 month plan added to the bill -50 was the good will gesture

If i have made a mistake please try to explain it to me. Over the month i have spent at least 8 hours on the phone to various people and been so stressed from all of this. I have had broken promises(callbacks). non-existant calls and semi threatening emails. Emails that infer i could not pay this was not the case.  I just felt as this billing mess was not my fault that why should i have to burden quite a large bill in one go so opted for the two month option.

So in conclusion If you look at previous emails. lots of different figures. lots of calls. lots of emails. lots of crediting. Its a Mess.

The actual service internet phonecalls and youview I`m pretty happy with.

I requested a deadlock letter as well, which he could not do as it had to be passed up to a team leader.

I made this thread to vent a little and make people in a similar situation aware of the complaints procedure should you wish to take it to the ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Before you can submit a complaint to us you should have:

• Logged a formal complaint with your provider.
  • Worked with your provider to resolve the complaint.
  • Received a deadlock letter or not received a satisfactory resolution after 8 weeks (6 weeks for energy complaints about SSE).
  • Gathered any evidence you have.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see this has been handed across to a manager to discuss further with you. You can find any communications regarding this here, please give us a shout here if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

r8bwp
Dabbler

So light at the end of the tunnel. the 16 page beast was  simplified to a few figures it was still not correct and my figures were off too. It turns out in march i renegotiated my contract and got a better deal. The contract figures have now been incorporated  into the bill. Some refunding will have to be made but at least we are all on the same page. I have a copy of my contract and can clearly see what is what. It is somewhat unfortunate that the billing system failed as the new contract took effect. A lot of people missed this too.

However I am just glad to put this matter behind me......should all go ahead as discussed.