cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing for engineer call out

Popstarpaul

Billing for engineer call out

Plusnet are trying to bill me for an engineer call out, even though the engineer confirmed that the fault lay with the initial installation by BT, also the reason for the billing contradicts the engineers findings when they assessed the fault, they’re claiming the bill is for a fault with the equipment ( box as stated) when the engineer confirmed verbally to myself that it was a fault in the cable which was behind skirting board, and therefore couldn’t have been misuse or damage by the customer
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Billing for engineer call out

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Account Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Popstarpaul 

Before blaming Plusnet you should be aware that this is part of the Openreach charge to Plusnet and is only levied if the Engineer’s report indicates that it is chargeable. This might or might not align with your understanding of the conversation you had at the time.

Therefore you should be seeking Plusnet’s assistance with disputing this charge, not blaming them. Plusnet will then be able to look at a copy of the report to see if the charge can be disputed for you both.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@Popstarpaul 

Cable behind skirting board?

That does sound odd and something like the occupier would have done rather than any engineer.

Just saying.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville