cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing ex customer for October. Confirmed cancellation in August.

mikex163
Dabbler

Re: Billing ex customer for October. Confirmed cancellation in August.

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your replies in trying to get PN to accept my money!

@Satss, like I've mentioned here and on the previous ticket (182931999) as well, I've cancelled my direct debit, so the payment will not go through on 8/11/18. And I've cancelled it because PN billed me incorrectly and no one got back to me when I complained, so I had no resort but to cancel it.

@jelv, yes it's true the account is closed. But I can see the tickets, either by following the direct link or by going to www.plus.net/wizard - took me a while to find the link!

@ExCustomer_99 thank you for the link. I simply would not accept a company taking money from my bank account for money I don't owe them. If they get debt collectors involved, then we'll have a problem and like @DeeCee73 I simply won't accept that. And instead of getting my 10 quid they'll have to spend money on small claims court. So the ball is on PN's court to be minimally competent and let me pay the money.

PS: I've already let Ofcom know of the issues I've been having (using the link that has been shared on this sub-forum); if the issue doesn't get solved I'll make an official complaint. It's quite ridiculous that there is no way to pay a company, but I'll give PN the benefit of the doubt for know and allow them to come up with a solution.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @mikex163,

I have now updated your ticket accordingly here.

mikex163
Dabbler

Hi @Mads

Thank you for the update here and for updating the ticket. But unfortunately www.plus.net/pay still doesn't work. Same error message as before: "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later." Tried several browsers and in incognito mode to see if the problem was at my end - doesn't seem to be.

Wouldn't it be easier if PN just allowed the final payment to be made by cheque? This could have been solved already.

Thanks. Smiley

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I am sorry to hear this is not working for you @mikex163, there shouldn't really be a reason why out system is not letting your make payment via that link. I'll raise it as feedback for you the relevant team to investigate further, for now it may be best to call into our Customer Support teams on 0800 432 0200.

GS1
Hooked

Well, despite several hours in total on hold on the telephone, and various assurances that it would all be straightened out, both verbally and in writing, my 'bill' has now been referred to a debt collection agency! 

The ticket I had open has been closed, so the only contact option I have is telephone, where there are always wait times of around 30 mins or more.

This is appalling customer service, amounting to harassment! 

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think you should be billing Plusnet for the time you are spending trying to resolve this. Pretty quickly I bet that would exceed what you owed and wipe out the debt. Sorted!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @GS1

I am really sorry to see that your account invoices have been referred as you stated.

I can see that you spoke with a colleague this morning regarding this situation, The details of which you can view here

I hope they answered your questions and if not then feel free to get back in touch.

Regard,

GS1
Hooked

@jelv: I didn't owe anything! The account was fully paid up when I left Plusnet, but they've been continuing to bill me after cancellation

GS1
Hooked

@Warwick: Yes, your colleague has been helpful, but I've spoken to many different people at Plusnet, who say they will resolve it, and still it has been escalated to a debt collection agency. Incidentally, they only way I get through to your colleague (via chat) was to pose as a new customer. There is never an option for an existing customer to use chat (funny how much priority is given to potential customers over existing ones!), and the wait time on the phone is totally unacceptable.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry for the difficulties getting through to us regarding this. My colleague Jordan did take the appropriate steps so our billing team will pick that up soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ExCustomer_99
Hooked

@Mads It is nice of you to comment on Mike's issues issues but I first asked a number of questions on Thursday 1st November at 8:18am, which were not addressed at all. I asked again on Saturday 3rd November but Plusnet have not responded.

Why had Plusnet not removed the product from my account? I have spent far too much time chasing this problem.

I clearly do not have an Unlimited Contract as I am no longer a recipient of Plusnet Broadband and have not been one since August. I do not receive any service from you so why had you not removed this? Is it removed now?

In a phone call at 18:06 on 17 August, I was told by Plusnet that I would not incur any more charges as my contract had terminated. Since then I have been charged 3 times. 

Two of my payments have not been refunded. I do not want to be charged any more yet I am charged month after month. The most recent of these payments was 3 weeks ago, so by this pattern Plusnet might try charging again next week. I am no longer a customer.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you are receiving incorrect charges, it would be wise to instruct your bank to decline the DD payment requests. Also you can ask your bank to claim back any incorrect DD charges under the DD mandate guarantee.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GS1
Hooked

@adamwalker @Warwick In the meantime I am being harassed on a daily basis by the debt collection agency, with automated calls to my mobile and landline, and once again the ticket raised has been marked 'closed' online, making it almost impossible to contact anyone.

I wonder how many people give up at this point and just pay the bogus bill for a quiet life?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @GS1, I can assure that we are working with the collection agency to get it removed for you, as advised it can take 7-10 working days and you may still receive contact in the interim which we advise to ignore.

GS1
Hooked

@Mads, Thank you for your response, but why has the ticket been closed in the meantime, meaning this forum is my only practical form of contact? It's annoying and anxiety-provoking to be receiving calls from debt collectors. Also, no one has been able to assure me that my credit rating won't be affected.