cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing ex customer for October. Confirmed cancellation in August.

mikex163
Dabbler

Re: Billing ex customer for October. Confirmed cancellation in August.

Thank you very much @RandallFlagg.

Appreciate your help in getting this sorted.

DeeCee73
Dabbler

Again, another email "reminder" to pay a bill for a cancelled service. No doubt I will receive another text message follow up later in the day.

ETA: As predicted, at 9am, a text message telling me I haven't paid. The chances of my ever moving my services back to Plusnet are currently going from slim to none. Do we have to contact Ofcom to ensure this is dealt with properly?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @DeeCee73,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I have created a ticket you can view here.

mikex163
Dabbler

Following up on my case, this Monday I asked for an update on my "question" since no one had told me anything in several weeks.

I got an update today saying that in 20 days I'd get a bill with the correct amounts I owe. "Great", I thought.

Hours later I receive an email saying that I would indeed get a final bill and that the £18.99 that I was incorrectly charged (because they refer to a period the account was closed) would be added to those bills (of course the email doesn't say that I was incorrectly charged, it only says that I owe PN that).

I can say that I'm not very confidant that the bill will be correct! But I'll wait for it and then I'll see what to do.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH 5 characters!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @mikex163,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I can see that Zoe has been in touch on the ticket thread. The final bill will be calculated in the next 20 days and will includes any refunds/monies owed if applicable. A previous colleague has made our billing team aware of the £18.99 and the final bill will be calculated with this in mind.

mikex163
Dabbler

Thank you @Mads

Pardon me for being skeptic, but after seeing a bill for services supposedly provided after the account was closed and receiving an email saying that my final bill will include the monies owed for the services, I am not too confidant that the processes in place at PN will get this right. But I'll keep waiting. Smiley

I know what I owe PN money (for the early termination charge), but I simply don't owe them money for services provided after closing my account. I simply just want a correct bill showing me what I indeed owe.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The last time Plusnet had an issue with more than 1,000 people continuing to be billed after they had left, Plusnet self referred themselves to OFCOM and the fine was reduced by 20% to £880,000. See https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

Could someone confirm that Plusnet has self referred again? If not everybody affected by this latest failure needs to make a report to OFCOM here: https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @mikex163,

Thanks for getting back to us, we really appreciate it. I can understand your reservations due to your recent experience.

The final bill will be calculated in the next 20 days having said that should you have any concerns during that time, please feel free to drop us a message and we will look into them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
ExCustomer_99
Hooked

This is getting farcical. After being refunded for 1/2 incorrect payments I thought they were beginning to get their act together.

I was billed again on 22 October for November usage. Invoice number: 00003930942-006

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@jelv wrote:

The last time Plusnet had an issue with more than 1,000 people continuing to be billed after they had left, Plusnet self referred themselves to OFCOM and the fine was reduced by 20% to £880,000. See https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

Could someone confirm that Plusnet has self referred again? If not everybody affected by this latest failure needs to make a report to OFCOM here: https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Plusnet have refused to confirm that they have self referred again so everyone affected should report the issue to OFCOM via the link above.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ExCustomer_99
Hooked

Thanks @jelv

Is anyone from Plusnet actually looking into why ex-customers are continuing to get money leave their bank accounts months after receiving any service?

Why have you not closed my billing account?

The amount I am now being charged is not the amount I was paying monthly when I was with Plusnet, so it appears that my account has been deliberately had a new service added to enable these charges.

Why are you still holding an ex-customers banking details anyway? Does GDPR not mean that these kind of customer details should not be held after they are necessary, let alone using them to take money out of an ex-customers account months after they have left?

mikex163
Dabbler

@ExCustomer_99, why don't you call your bank and cancel PN direct debt? Then it's up to PN to come and get your money if they want to. That's what I did after I realised I had been billed for services provided after my account was closed.

Updating on my case, 2 weeks after they updated my ticket saying that a new bill would be issued in 20 days (still haven't passed, so I won't say anything about that), they've decided to update the ticket with this message:

Dear xxx

Account has been closed.

Kind regards,

yyy

FYI, account has been properly closed (atleast I've received an email on the day of closure stating that), so why on Earth they've now decided to come and update the ticket with this info beats me.

mikex163
Dabbler

Great news everyone, PN sent me a correct bill! It seems to have been manually processed because there are a lot of minuses and pluses, but yey, I won't complain, as the final value seems correct.

No, my question for you is: how do I pay the thing? The bill mentions direct debit, which I cancelled - and I have no interest in reinstanting, even assuming it is easily done so for one that was cancelled. 

The bill also mentions a website, www.plus.net/pay, that doesn't exist. My account page, being a closed account, doesn't have anything like changing payment details. Anyway to pay by debit card (without being 1 hour on the phone) or send a cheque or something?