Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing errors

FIXED
ollie72
Hooked

Billing errors

Value broadband has gone up from 9.99 to 11.99 (despite no change in the underlying wholesale price, don't get me started), so with my 50p/month referrers discount I expected my latest bill would be 11.49.  But no, it's 12.03.

My mother has the same product but without the referrer's discount, so her latest bill should be 11.99, but instead is 12.06.

Can anyone explain this oddness?  Will it all be automatically settled next month, or does someone have to fix each individual case?

This feels like a repeat of the trouble we had when the new billing system came along.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Billing errors

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My account / Billing.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Fix

@ollie72 the price increases took effect from the 3rd December, so any bill after that will likely have a part month pro-rata increase ( 3rd Dec to billing date ) and a full month in advance at the new rate. The bill detailed breakdown SHOULD itemise that.

Does that explain the unexpected price ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ollie72
Hooked

OK, that explains it.  So I'd already paid the old rate in advance for the month to 10th Dec, and the price increase from 3rd Dec was charged in arrears.  It wasn't really clear from the bill, but now I can decipher it.  It's been done as a refund of 2.66 for 3rd-10th Dec, followed by a charge of 3.20 for the same period.

Thanks MisterW for clarifying!

Maribee98

Can I speak to someone about my bill or someone to call me on [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Maribee98

Why the sudden increas of my bill from 23 to 35 what is going on I think I have to switch broadband