cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing error?

reddev87
Grafter

Billing error?

Hi, Just got my invoice in and theres something i need clarified.
Invoice number: 28608264
Plusnet Extra Fibre pro rata charge for the period to 01/09/2011 - £20.80
Connection was installed on 02/08/11, and the first month was paid up front, so why am I charged for it again in this invoice?
Hope someone can clarify this for me.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Billing error?

I've checked and re-checked that bill and can't see a reason why we'd charge that. It looks like a system error as there are two entries for your ADSL subscription on the same bill.
Apologies, I will refund you when the direct debit clears.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reddev87
Grafter

Thanks Adam, I thought as much.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, FYI I should be able to start processing the refund within a few days now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reddev87
Grafter

OK, slight issue. I wanted to pay my bills by card from now on, but it seems I cancelled the direct debit instruction too early - before the bill was taken.
Could you credit the £20.80 to my account? Then the correct amount can be charged to the card.
Seems a bit pointless to pay the incorrect amount, only to need the excess credited back to the card.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah, fraid to say that you might have delayed your refund a bit there as you'd need to set up a new mandate for the refund. If its any easier we can write off the balance on the account and add discounts to your future bills to the value of £20.80.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reddev87
Grafter

Hi, Think you misunderstood what I meant to say hehe
I cancelled the Direct Debit *before* the bill was paid. So there is now an outstanding balance on my account.
I now wish to pay it by card, however the amount is still incorrect. Could you credit the excess £20.80 off my account, and then I will pay the remaining £44.55 by card. Which is what the bill should have been at the beginning.
Sorry for the confusion.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

ah, misunderstood you there. Yes we can do that. I'll get that adjusted now for you. I'm assuming your card details are up to date with the appropriate one?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI I've tried to take the payment but it failed I'm afraid so I'm not sure if you need to update your card.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reddev87
Grafter

Strange, those card details are correct.
How much are you trying to authorise? Is it just the £44.55, or is there the £1.50 charge on top of that for paying by card?
I've just checked the balance, there is enough in the account to cover the £44.55. I only use that debit card to pay bills, so I only put money into that account, that needs to be paid out, and I transferred £45 into it for this bill.
reddev87
Grafter

Nevermind, all sorted now, payment has been taken.
Thanks for your help Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good to hear Smiley cheers for the heads up!
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team