Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing error?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Billing error?

I just had a refund and it only took six calendar days, incl. a weekend, so that's four working days.  Well, the refund was showing on my account the night before the sixth calendar day but with the next day's date.

npr
Pro

Refund received 7 days  (5 working days) after it was first taken.

Now to cancel the DD before PN's automated systems make any more errors. Crazy2

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Your direct debit is pending cancellation from the moment we closed your account.

It should be cancelled automatically shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BJP
Dabbler

Plusnet - I want to cancel my account with you asap. Please acknowledge this email and advise me in writing of all that is required from me. I will cancel my direct debit. Please do not advise me to call you; I will not. 

Mav
Fixes: 515

@BJP

There are two ways in which you can cancel as per this page:

If you wish to fully cease your broadband line (as opposed to moving to another provider) you should clearly request this contacting the Customer Options team.

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

As far as I am aware cancellations cannot be made through the forum.

It's not a good idea to just cancel the DD as any outstanding payments or refunds would need to be paid. In the case of outstanding payments these could end up being passed to debt collection and affecting your credit rating.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

npr
Pro

@BJP

It really is a bad idea to cancel the direct debit before the account has been closed, it will only lead to more problems later.

Please follow @Mav advice and have the account formally closed.

Whatever your issue is with PN, why not see if the reps in this forum can help. They have helped me many times over the years when the call centre staff have failed.