Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing error - discount not applied

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Billing error - discount not applied

I recently switched my phone line to PlusNet, and got a good deal for unlimited on a Market 1 exchange, having had PlusNet broadband for many years, with very few problems.
The phone transfer went through without a hitch, things were looking good, what could possibly go wrong!  Smiley
The first bill has just appeared and the broadband is shown at the full Market 1 price of £16.99 which is not what was agreed.
PlusNet reps please refer to Question #76528579 for more information. I realise the DD for this month will be taken but I would like to sort out the billing asap.
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Billing error - discount not applied

Hi there,
Sorry about that - I've made sure the discounts are added for you and also refunded you the discount that was supposed to be on for this month from a previous invoice, as that way your agreed contract isn't extended for an extra month due to our mistake.
Hope that sorts things, and sorry for the trouble.
goldengirl

Hi RealAleMadrid
Have plusnet really sorted this for you?
I posted a similar problem: 'Overcharging' posted 12/11/2013 and Chris Purvey responded and said he had sorted it but unfortunately he hasn't!  Cry
Hope you don't have to waste the hours I've wasted actually trying to find someone who does actually do what they have promised to do.
Kind regards
goldengirl
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Hi, well I did get a refund for the first invoice, will have to wait and see what happens on the next one, I have seen an internal ticket requesting that the discount to be applied so it may now be sorted. Let's hope so!
goldengirl

All sounds good for you. Matt Taylor obviously does what he says.  Smiley
I am still waiting!
Thanks for reply.
Kind regards
Goldengirl
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Be very careful about bringing up too many billing errors, you'll be told to "give over"!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd just like to point out that that was another customer on these forums, not a member of staff. In addition, not one of those posts has been hidden, removed or censored - we'd rather show what happens (and hopefully get it fixed) than pretend it's not happening in the first place.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@goldengirl, just had a look at your account and from what I can see one of our support team has addressed this issue on a ticket for you? Please let us know if it's not been resolved though it looks like the refunds and discounts have now been actioned and applied as they should have been. Sorry that they weren't in the first place.
goldengirl

Yes thanks. Looks like I too am sorted ...finally!  Many thanks Matt and thanks also to [removed] who emailed me yesterday. Appreciate apology too as has been a lot of hassle.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA name removed as per the forum rules but placed in a hidden board for PN staff.