cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing during fault question.

jasonbowness
Dabbler

Billing during fault question.

The phone line is down in my area and BT does not seem to be rectifying the issue with any urgency. I’m wondering what I do about my bill during the time my service is down.  Will plusnet automatically reduce my bill next month?
Thanks in advance
Jason Bowness
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Billing during fault question.

If you don't report a fault as previously requested how are Plusnet supposed to know your line is down
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'll generally refund the downtime from when the fault is reported to us up until the point it's resolved.
Unfortunately the fault still hasn't been reported using the link I gave previously: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
We ask you to report the fault so you can confirm that the testing we ask has been done.
You did start opening a broadband fault, but didn't complete the report so this still hasn't been reported I'm afraid.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jasonbowness
Dabbler

Fault was reported yesterday !
Why does plus net not know bt lines are down? Don’t you have some procedure in place?
I contacting BT directly this morning and they should be calling me later on today to give me an update and let me know when the lines are been repaired.

jasonbowness
Dabbler

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thank you, I can see you finished the fault report shortly after making these posts.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.