cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing complaint, awful customer service, deleted ticket. VERY BAD SERVICE

Lucas7
Hooked

Billing complaint, awful customer service, deleted ticket. VERY BAD SERVICE

I've been a plusnet customer for a few years now and last February found a better deal elsewhere. I contacted plusnet and said I was going to leave and after a quick back and forth discussion I agreed to accept their matched offer of Fibre PLUS for £25 a month. A few months after I hadn't seen any improvements in my speed I contacted plusnet and they told me a mechanical engineer would be in touch - he wasn't. I then contacted plusnet a few weeks later. no resolve. My brother then contacted PlusNet a few months later and they advised that it as the router, so we spent £70 on a router and that helped some of the cutting out but the speeds were still running at or previous speeds.

February 2019 hits and I get an email from plusnet telling us that our contract was never changed and that we were paying £25 for no increase in speeds and a lot of frustration and hassle. We were paying for something we did not receive for a full 12 months. This is not acceptable. For the time, frustration, blame and cost we would have happily gone elsewhere and regret our decision to stay.

Considering what I've paid (£25 a month for 12 months [£300] plus £70 router) and not considering the hours of time and hassle I've put in to try and get the speeds I was paying for, what PlusNet have offered as compensation is outrageous. After 4 or 5 emails of me asking them to up their offer they decide to offer £60 compensation. I was expecting over £100 atleast! I said I'd accept if they allow me out of my contract (which was never really a contract in my opinion as we never got what we paid for). I now get an email this morning saying I have a £25 credit.

This is an outrageously bad service I've received In the last 13 months now. Their communication via text has basic grammatical errors and spelling mistakes and now they've deleted my ticket via the messaging system as if there was no correspondence. Thankfully I have all the messages on my system to refer to when this goes further.

PlusNet: what are you now going to do to resolve this? My speeds are now what they should be - after 12 months of waiting and over paying. I am happy to stay providing I get the compensation I feel I am owed or I want the offer of £60 accepted with the right to leave at any time I choose.

This has been a hugely frustrating time and I just want this matter resolved.

Lucas.

7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Billing complaint, awful customer service, deleted ticket. VERY BAD SERVICE

Hi @Lucas7 

I really am very sorry to hear about the issues you have had - the above id not make for pleasant reading. 

This has been a hugely frustrating time and I just want this matter resolved.

As far as i can see from this ticket on your account - the issue is resolved and we have agreed to your proposed terms? 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do regarding this. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Lucas7
Hooked

Thanks for the quick response.

I’ve clicked the link and it’s not bringing up any tickets except the one offering me a £25 refund. What terms have been accepted? The £100 refund or the £60 with end of contract whenever I choose?

Regards, Lucas
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Lucas7 

I was referring to the last update on 187292860

If you read the full update then you will see exactly what has been agreed. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Lucas7
Hooked

Hi MoR,

Clicking the ticket you've linked to just brings up 'Page cannot be displayed'. Also looking at my active tickets the only active one is the one which I've been given a £25 credit.. Could you either forward the response on here or email me the response so I can actually see what's been ageed.

Lucas.

Lucas7
Hooked

I've found the ticket now, will read through it and get back to you.

Lucas7
Hooked

I've looked at the ticket and see that they've accepted £60 which they will reimburse and also I can withdraw from my contract should I decide to.

When will I receive the £60 refund?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Lucas7, thanks for getting back in touch.

I have created a support ticket on the account for you in relation to your £60 refund. This can be viewed here.

Let us know if you need anything else.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team