cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing and renewal system - it's bonkers!

howie13pnet
Dabbler

Billing and renewal system - it's bonkers!

Having renewed my contract some weeks ago, the notification for the first bill arrived this morning - with failure to recognise the agreed reductions to the full price.  A lengthy phone call to Plusnet with a helpful and pleasant representative and a complicated process of agreeing to an upgrade to the service, seemed to produce a new contract with favourable terms.

This was all then confirmed with emails outlining the agreed action and agreed price. But then a final email turns up to confirm the date of the new service and (quote) "your new cost per month will be £47.54."  No mention of agreed reductions!

I'm assuming that this is a standard confirmation and isn't set up to include agreed discounts - but, frankly, it's confusing and, clearly, Plusnet need to get to grips with their renewal and accounting system.

7 REPLIES 7
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Billing and renewal system - it's bonkers!

@howie13pnet 

Any emails regarding renewed contracts I have had have had prices quoted net of discounts - on occasion the wrong discount!

You can wait for the first bill of this new contract to see if they have indeed got it right but if not you will be chasing again at that time. Otherwise call them up now as it can be easier to sort out at the start of the contract than during it as I have found out in the past.

I assume you agreed the new deal with the Customer Options Team and if so ring them directly on 0800 013 2632 (they usually pick up quite quickly) as it is their mistake if they have not got the discounts set up properly. Good luck!

jtr
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I renewed my contract last month and had the same resulting email. When the bill came the discount was taken off and everything was ok. .

Xanadu_2
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Having the same problem myself.

Renewed at an agreed price of £17.99 per month, but billed for £30.07pm.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya Guys, 

I'm really sorry for the confusion over your bills and for the hassle this has caused you. 

@howie13pnet I can see you have spoken with our support team and they have resolved this for you. 

@Xanadu_2 I can see you have spoken with Anoush today, who has sorted that for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
howie13pnet
Dabbler

I hope my billing for broadband really has been sorted out. Currently it looks as though my Direct Debit is still going to be charged an inflated price on 26 September. Any promise that it will all be sorted out on the following (October) bill really isn't good enough. I'd much rather that my money remains in my bank account, rather than yours.

It's very clear from the number of other complaints that your accounting system isn't up to the job. A huge shame as it is damaging your reputation. As a long serving user of Plusnet (and its forerunners!), I've always been happy to recommend it to others. However, the current billing shambles makes that impossible.

Xanadu_2
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

@SammyM wrote:

@Xanadu_2 I can see you have spoken with Anoush today, who has sorted that for you. 

Yes, I got a message from Anoush, but I honestly didn't think much would be done about it on a Sunday.

So, 10/10 to Anoush for that!

Thanks.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm sorry to read that you still have some concerns @howie13pnet. If any of the future bills aren't correct, please let us know and we'll get it sorted out for you as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team