cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Shambles

mpcmurphy

Billing Shambles

Plusnet have billed me for the second month for line rental even though I have paid line rental saver.  When I called last month they promised to sort it out but have not done and its back on the bill this month.  The rep I spoke to today first tried to convince me that the line rental had not been charged, even though it is clearly on the bill.  Having seen that I would not fall for that he then said that more or less it is my problem that their billing system does not allow this to be fixed.  He said they are not prepared to credit the line rental automatically as I "would gain from that".  This is absolute rubbish as I have paid the line rental in advance and any credit would only cover the charges they are wrongly trying to take from me each month.  This is a shambles of a company that will not even own up to its deficiencies or make any attempt to put the matter right, with truculent staff attempting to blag customers into believing that they are wrong.  I said I will reverse the direct debit and I will indeed do that when it is paid as the charge is in breach of contract.  I am not willing to have to call up every month to get this sorted and face the lies and obstruction that I did today.  I would advise all other customers in a similar position to do the same.         

5 REPLIES 5
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Billing Shambles

Hi @mpcmurphy,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and for the frustration this is causing. I can see that a customer service team have taken ownership of your account to make sure you are billed correctly in the future.

In terms of the latest bill, I can assure you that you were not charged for the line rental. I have updated the ticket on your account to discuss this further. Please click here to view my response in full.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
mpcmurphy

The so called taking ownership of the matter seems to involve telling me that line rental has not been charged this month (it clearly has) and that the credit for last months wrong bill relates to this months.  Total incompetence and lies.  I will be reversing the direct debit as advised.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

I'm really disappointed to hear you feel this way @mpcmurphy and you feel you need to go ahead and take further action. I have updated your account with more info on a ticket here.

Thanks.

mpcmurphy

The update seems to involve telling me that I should be happy that I have been wrongly billed £18.99 for line rental TWICE (in August and September) but should be happy with ONE £18.99 credit (in September).  I don't know about you but I prefer not to lose £18.99 and be told a pack of lies as to where it has gone.  Anyway as I am obviously wasting my time with a company which has caused the problem and now looks to take advantage to overcharge me I will be reversing the direct debit.     

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

My apologies @mpcmurphy for missing that. I have now updated your support ticket with further info. You can view it via the link above.

Thanks.