Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Period

FIXED
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Billing Period

Hi, I'm on one of the legacy products: Plusnet Essentials with included 10GB bandwidth, which limits my usage to 10GB a month, which is fine.

But suddenly the billing period has changed to

Current billing period: Sep 20 2018 - Nov 19 2018

So thats two months, to which I am limited to 10GB - so now I have suddenly have half the available data.

What has happened here? is it a glitch or a policy change? if policy change why was i not told in advance?

David

14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Billing Period

Hi David, that's definitely not right. I've not been able to identify your account so could you send me a PM with your username please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
summers
Aspiring Pro

@adamwalker did you find out what the problem is?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, 

I'm still looking into this one, at the moment I'm looking for someone that can reset the account bandwidth for us. I'll stay on top of that today so please bear with me a little longer. 

In the long run would you be interested in moving onto one of our current products if we can arrange a deal to bring the price down to match (or maybe even be a little under) what you're paying now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved to My Account / Billing from Broadband
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
summers
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Adam.

Re the account type. I stayed with the legacy product as the price was good, and the limitations of the product fitted in with my use case.

E.g. typical months I use about 10GB (bad months go over), I'm a good distance from the cabinet for FTTC although it would improve my line - it would still be a problem. Also there is a known noise problem on my line, which I'm still trying to track down (have made progress here - now have automatic monitoring, so should be able to work out the time dependence of the noise.)

So probably other products wouldn't change my set up much. This said though I'm happy to talk about what the options are.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@summers Apologies but I'll need you to PM me your username to investigate this as Adam isn't in the office.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
summers
Aspiring Pro

@MatthewWheeler  PM sent ...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks @summers

I've raised this with our incident management team to investigate and I'll let you know when I hear back. I believe Adam is also still looking into this for you and he'll update you when he's back in the office.

In the interim if you incur any extra usage charges because of this issue I'd be happy to refund or credit you.

However if you're interested in moving to an unlimited product we'd be happy to arrange a call back for you if you'd like?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
summers
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Gandalf

I haven't incurred any additional charges - I've limited the additional spend to zero, so now that I'm over limit I just get a reduced bandwidth, and limited services (most of which don't affect me).

Choice of product is mainly down to price. The legacy product was and is very cheap, and moving to an unlimited product as far as I can see almost doubles the price. The data limit isn't something that in usual usage causes me any problems - I every so or often have reduced bandwidth for the last few days of the month, but that doesn't cause issues.

Thanks anyway.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Ah fair, no problems.

As a heads up this has now been raised internally (Ref: IMT-3012) for further investigation.
Will keep you posted and we'll try to get this resolved as soon as we can for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
summers
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @adamwalker / @Gandalf - my usage has now been reset! I can have a band width splurge for the next two weeks!

Thanks for your help on this.

David

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @summers ,

That's brilliant news, go mad!

Please let us know if you need anything else at all.

summers
Aspiring Pro

Doah - they forgot to reset my speed. I'm only getting 0.36/0.81 Mbps !!! - Can you reset as I'm under my usage limit ...

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @summers, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that you now have this speed issue to contend with.

We've made the necessary changes and your services should be up to speed within the next 4 hours, although it's usually pretty much straight away.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.