Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issue

andrew136
Hooked

Billing Issue

Hello,

I have two questions about Bill.

First, when I try to check my bill condition on the website, it has an error message:

"There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator." So I can't check.

Second, I am now in service of a cooling-off period of using Fibre Broadband with line rental after 16 July 2020. I may continue to use the Fibre Broadband service. But as for the billing process, I paid a fee £22.99 when I registered to apply for the service on 01 July 2020. If then, can I get a refund amount of not using the period from 01/07/2020 to 15/07/2020?

Kind regards,

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Billing Issue

@andrew136 

You may be mis-understanding the terms of the cooling off period.

The cooling off period begins the day after you agreed a deal with Plusnet and not from when the service was activated.

For the majority of customers, given the OKCOM minimum 10 day switching period, the cooling off period has expired at the time the service is connected.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
andrew136
Hooked

Hello agedgopher,

Your noting about cooling off period seems odd. Cooling off period is the trial service during whether a customer will be satisfied or not. If he/she isn't satisfied then he/she will leave a Broadband service provider with no cost.

For me, I applied for Fibre Broadband with Plusnet 30.06.2020. On the next date 01.07.2020, I was paid one month fee in advance through an online direct debit payment system. And the system says the next bill will be on 01.08.2020. Don't you think the prepaid one month fee implies the use of Fibre Broadband for one month?

A router for the Fibre Broadband arrived in 15 days since I applied for the service with Plusnet on 30.06.2020. It means that I can't use the service 15 days with Plusnet. So I think I need to get a refund of half prepaid one month fee. Am I wrong? If then, please correct me.

Kind regards,

Andrew

agedgopher
All Star

Plusnet do not give a "try before you buy" period.

I suggest you go to the community page and under the header there is a search box. Type in cooling off period and view the results. You will find the answer I gave is confirmed by several staff members as well as far more experienced customers than me.

The cooling off period is for you to change your mind as required by the Distance Selling Regulations and not to see if you like the service.

andrew136
Hooked

Hello agedgopher,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with your description of a cooling-off period.

For me, it is not what I want to know in my post. In practical, a cooling-off period is for anyone to change one's mind to terminate service without a fee if he/she is not satisfied with a broadband service provider, for instance, internet speed, unstable internet connection or any services related to the internet etc. It can imply a use before deciding to keep on service with a contract in customer's place.

For me, I am satisfied with Plusnet Fibre Broadband after internet activation. It means that I didn't use any services before internet activation so that I don't think I should pay one month fee in this case. I am aware that the billing system is a monthly payment in advance.

What I point is that I think I can request to get a refund for the un-used internet service for the Fibre Broadband because its activation was later on after 15 days since I paid for the first month.

If anyone staff is related to a billing system, I wish to get a reply about my request.

Kind regards,

Andrew.

agedgopher
All Star

@andrew136 

Thank you for your kind words.

Digging into the depths of my ancient memory I seem to recall that, although you pay a months charges in advance before your service begins, you are only charged for the service from the date of connection, in your case from the 15th July.

Whether this means that you next pay on the 15th August for the next month's service by direct debit or not, I am not sure. I am positive that whatever happens you will not be charged for the time that you have waited for connection.

Perhaps a staff member will happen along and confirm for you the exact procedure.

As far as the right to cancel if not satisfied I am sorry but your only right to leave early is if your wired speeds fail to meet the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed (MGALS), which you will have been given at start of your service. Even then you have to give Plusnet and Openreach sufficient opportunities to rectify any problem before they give you confirmation of a free opportunity to terminate the contract.