cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing / Home move / Account confusion

skiprat1977

Billing / Home move / Account confusion

To cut a long story short, I moved address on the 4th and the new line has just been activated yesterday, 21st, Since the old line was closed at the old address my home phone has been changed to a phone number in plymouth?, Now this is the confusing bit, I lived in Gateshead and had a 0191 area code and moved to Northumberland with a 01670 area code, so why has my account been getting used by someone in plymouth?
I have emailed accounts but they failed to answer my question
Home moves are still prosessing the home move
and to top it off the direct debit for this mix up is now getting taken out from my bank account on the 27th, i have never made any of therse calls or used any of these services for this account.
Ohh and the broadband is poor here at the new address, been used to 16meg and now only getting 1.3meg at the most now, for the same price i bet.. cant be helped tho, LOL
So would someone from PLUSNET SUPPORT please look into this
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Billing / Home move / Account confusion

What phone number does it say your broadband is provided on in the member centre here?
David
skiprat1977

Hi there, It says its the telephone number in Plymouth, 01752******not my number 01670###### in Northumberland
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Number munged for the benefit of the poor so and so it belongs to (copied into hidden forums for staff) ]
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Hi there, It says its the telephone number in Plymouth, 01752######

Thats very strange. I had a similar occurrence about 3 years ago when undergoing an account change. My phone number and address got changed to someone in, guess where ? Plymouth!!. At the time no-one could understand what had happened but eventually Bob ( Pullen ) tracked it down.
jim:green number in quote munged mod:end

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi skiprat1977,
Sorry for the delayed response here. I'm picking this up now. I'll get this investigated and will be in touch soon.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

As per when I called this issue was caused by human error, please accept our apologies that you were not contacted at the point this happened as it was corrected very quickly.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team