Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Driving me crazy

Laroc
Grafter

Billing Driving me crazy

Support Ticket Nor  34531436
This month I received my account and apart from another error which has been resolved, my referrals have been reduced from 3 to1.
I raised a Support ticket to received an initial reply stating nothing was wrong with my account.
I disputed this and we now seem to be in a situation where I am being asked to investigate this problem instead of PN
Reply No1
"Regarding your referral discounts, due to Data Protection we are not able to reveal any information regarding other accounts, so you need to contact the people you referred to check whether they are having any problems with their accounts"
Why on earth am I being asked to investigate other users accounts ?
Surely PN know my referrals and can look at them instantly to see if any problems exist.
So I had the embarrassing task of asking my relatives, if they had any problems with their accounts.
If so, could they raise a ticket so I could get my 25p back - ridiculous.
Reply No 2
After looking into your referral tokens, 2 which you have already received and 1 that you are waiting to receive, the third token is credited to your account on the 16th of each month, if this has not been credited by 17th August please contact us and we will check to see if there is a fault with the referral system"
Here PN seems to have missed the point, I am jumping up and down about the loss of credit from my Aug 3rd invoice and not concerning myself about the 16th Aug
I have constantly quoted that "My Referrals" in my account are correct and indicate the 3 credits should be applied and the relevant accounts are active.
PN staff cannot seem to get their head around this billing error without fobbing me of with yet another bizzare request for me to deal with.
Such a simple problem to resolve and its turning into a nightmare
7 REPLIES 7
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Billing Driving me crazy

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with this one, I'll take a look now and see where we are. Referrals are a tricky one because we cannot reveal any information whatsoever about the referred accounts. If they fail billing or migrate away, your referrals will not be generated that month but we can't tell you that, we can only say that the system is working as intended.
Edit: You normally receive £1 of referral credits per month but only received 25p this time. One of your referred accounts has 75p waiting to be discounted from your next invoice and will generate a further 75p discount before your billing goes through next month. As such, your total referral discount should be £1.75 next month and everything will add up as intended. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused or inconsistency in our support whilst looking into this issue.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If they fail billing or migrate away, your referrals will not be generated that month but we can't tell you that,

According to Laroc his referrals are still showing correctly in 'My Referrals'. Now I can see why 'failed billing' ( of a referred account  ) might not show up as a change in the referral list but surely a migration away from PlusNet  would automatically remove it from the list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Laroc
Grafter

My referral list show my my "relatives" as Active, so how can they have migrated away or at worst been disconnected by PN ?
I copied this to CSV file and sent it to Customer Services who made no comment
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@MisterW
Customers can request that their account is downgraded to PAYG upon migration, as opposed to being cancelled entirely. This would still show as an active account.
@Laroc
I'm sorry if you think that we ignored your CSV, we have access to that information plus full historical referral generation and redemption logs so we may not have explicitly commented on it's content.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Customers can request that their account is downgraded to PAYG upon migration, as opposed to being cancelled entirely. This would still show as an active account.

Ben, Yes, I appreciate that the account would still be active, but surely it would either not show, or show with no referral value, on the current referrals list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It would show with zero referral value.
However, we still couldn't tell a referrer why this was the case, we could only give general advice as I did in my first post. It may be very easy to work out what has happened but working stuff out doesn't breech DPA Smiley
Laroc
Grafter

Hi Ben
Very kind of you to take an interest but to me what seems a simple solution to just restore my referralls, seems to be a complicated issue for both parties.
In my ignorance if my Referral list shows them all active, there should be no problem
I appreciate 50p per month is a trifle but we are talking about £6 per year
Bizzarly this all started when I upgraded from 2Gb to 3Gb download.( very  unlikely scenario)
The other problem I had, I was penalised a £1 for going over the limit, whereas I had only used 2.12Gb.
Initially CS responded by saying there was nothing wrong with my bill, until I asked them to look again.
Then we got into the endless loop of referrals.
alan