Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Disgrace

FIXED
oldgeezer
Grafter

Billing Disgrace

I'm just going to add to the many forum members who think that the new billing system is past a joke.

Just before Christmas I realised that my then contract was coming to an end. Eventually I got through and negotiated a small discount of 75 pence on my old price and I agreed to a further 24 month contract at £17 month.

I then received an email confirming that my monthly payment would be £17 instead of £17.75.

My bill has just been emailed  to me and £17.75 has been taken out of my account.

I shall not be querying this amount because of the fear of what they may take out if they attempt to correct this amount..

I shall however not be renewing my contract in 24 months time,

Oldgeezer

7 REPLIES 7
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Billing Disgrace

Fix

Good afternoon @oldgeezer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your latest bills especially after you agreed a new deal and I apologise for the frustration caused.

I have looked over your account and created a ticket with further information. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

oldgeezer
Grafter

To add to my previous post I must mention that within a day or so of my post I received a ticket from Plusnet to tell me that the matter was being looked into.

I received further correspondence to tell me that my account had been corrected and I have now received a credit for the £0.75 back to me.

At least someone at PN follows the forum.

I'm now a Happy Bunny, as happy as a decrepit old so & so, can be.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @oldgeezer,

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know this issue has since been resolved.

If there's anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to let us know.

All the best

kentrolfe893

its worse than that. I even agreed / requested with them on the phone before my contract was up to have the line rental saver.. The Gentleman talking to me was very helpful and we talked about the extra 1 pound going on etc.
Then, to my suprise, the next email I got from them, they hadn't applied / done the line rental agreement super saver.

I rang up plusnet, expecting them to honour their agreement.

But no - they said unless I could prove that I had transferred the money ( they were meant to debit it at the time on the call )  then it was touch and I had to pay.

I asked them to listen back to the call to prove I had requested and agreed it and gave them permission to take the cash from my Bank. They said it didnt matter at all and I had to prove it.

what a load of ***** - im sure if I could be bothered to take it to court it would go against them - I just cant be bothered

So, their mistake for not doing that which had been agreed with them - but i have to pay the cash regardless for the full rate.

I went round that arguement multiple times.

I have now left Plusnet both broadband and mobile. I cancelled my contract and paid, in the region of £200 just to walk away as a point of principal.

And guess why im repyling here -  because I got an email from Plusnet today saying they were going to charge me £5 for my mobile tomorrow for next months rental - ie they hadnt taken me off the billing cycly.

I rang up and got some idiot of a support person - a comeplte and utter ****** speaking to me like a piece of ***

I asked to speak to a manager at least 10-20 times - he just carried on talking like I was an idiot.

He finally checked my account and clearly realised they were ni teh wrong again - and I got through to the manager.

[CSA Removed] was polite and I calmed down , I think, quite quickly. She understood the issue ; said what she was going to do etc etc ... all I can say is that whomever I was talking to before shoudl be sacked - no idea about how to treat a customer ( even if I was irate and, clearly, had reason to be )

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @kentrolfe893

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your services and the service provided by the previous agent.

Our Line Rental Saver product is a separate product and can only be purchased via a card payment, I am sorry if this was not explained at the same time as your call. Unfortunately without there being any indication of a payment being received we would not be able to apply the product to your account.

I have passed details of your comments on regarding the agent as feedback and will be investigated internally regarding this.

Once again I do apologise for the issues you have encountered.

royjenkins2841
Dabbler

your not on your own i am having billing problem on a fixed contract with Plus net

my bill is £43.00 fixed contract amount but every mouth the email i get from plus/net is s different amount

so i ring them up to put my account  D.D. payment back to my contract payment amount of £43.00

i have had to do it today again tell plus net to not take £44.98 of me as my contract with them is ONLY

£43.00 every mouth until my contract run out with them ,

remembering a pound over paid every mouth is profits for plus net only 

also is illegal to up contracts with out informing the customer they cannot just put the cash amount up every mouth

by a few pounds on a fixed contract deal with customers i told the staff member today 10.5.2019 on phone

it is illegal to increases payment without informing the customer and making new contract with them.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to see this, especially as you've been affected a number of times. 

The issue relates to discounts offered as part of a deal rather than the base pricing of the services but I'm sorry that there's been so many issues, it is something we're working towards a long-term fix on. 

I've checked the account and can see that a colleague of mine took a call from you today so it should now be resolved. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team