Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Dates and Service dates

niallblackburn
Hooked

Billing Dates and Service dates

Hi, 

I was trying to figure out when my billing date covers me for, so that I understand what/when I am actually paying for. 

If I am billed on the 15th of each month for my services, does that cover the month just gone, or the next month? So would the next bill on 15th December actually cover me up until the 14th January? Or is it covering me for the 15th November to 14th December?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Billing Dates and Service dates

Welcome to the forums, @niallblackburn You are billed in advance for broadband and line rental (unless of course you have paid for LRS), but any call charges are billed in the following month.

John
niallblackburn
Hooked

Thanks, that makes sense. How would that tally with a bill date being 15th December, but the contract ending on 22nd December? And with my account showing the 7th Jan as the end date? I appreciate this may need a call to them, but I'm just trying to square it all in my head, and make sure I'm not simply misunderstanding. 

jab1
Legend

That doesn't quite compute. Any chance you could post a screen shot of your account dashboard? It might make more sense.

John
niallblackburn
Hooked

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 10.23.00.pngI had altered the dates in my post originally. I also have an email from Plusnet saying that my contract with them ends on 18th December...

jab1
Legend

@niallblackburn Looking at that screenshot, something doesn't quite seem right. I am assuming that this is a re-contract which you agreed to on or very close to 04/07/19 for 18 months, but your initial or previous contract was from the 11th of whatever month you signed up.

If that email says your contract ends on 18/12/20, I can only suggest you ring them and ask where they got that date from - it is clearly incorrect.

John
niallblackburn
Hooked

Thanks, it didn't add up to me, but I'm glad it's not just me.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@niallblackburn  have you changed your call plan during the contract ?

Changes of call plan should not start a new contract but I've seen situations where it does. This is an error in the automated systems and the original contrcat term should be reinstated when queried.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

niallblackburn
Hooked

No, but there was some back and forth over my monthly price as I was given a discount!