Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for period of waiting for fibre install

zorgster
Dabbler

Billed for period of waiting for fibre install

Hi
Due to an inability of Plusnet to arrange a firm date with Openreach until 36 days after our request... today is the installation.. finally.   We have had three mistakes due to clerical error.  So I am surprised now to see that we have been billed £11.94 for the period 9/9-8/10 .. and a pro-rata amount on our new bill which includes line rental from 9/10
We have not received a router in these 36 days since placing the order - so we will not be able to use the internet connection until it is delivered.
I would like a rebate for that £11.94 and to hold billing for this new line until we actually receive the router (which could have been sent out earlier)  ... and a rebate - i understand this is a meagre £2 or so compared to the £70+ on mobile internet and BT Wifi that my partner and I have had to pay out in the interim...
Honestly .. We should have gone with BT... I have been a loyal Plusnet customer for over 8 years - so it's a shame that I have to say that.  I have spent hours waiting for Customer Service to answer my calls over this last month due to each error made... on one call I was left on hold for 68 minutes!!  I hung up... as it could have gone on for hours.
Regards
Oliver
21 REPLIES 21
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Billed for period of waiting for fibre install

Hi Oliver.
Thanks alot for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had and the length of the delay.
If you could give me 10-15minuets, I'll check your account and give you a call.
Thanks again!
Alex.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
zorgster
Dabbler

Thanks
There are several different message threads to go through...
Regards
zorgster
Dabbler

Hi Alex
It is now 12:50...  Do you have access to the Openreach schedule?   Would it be possible to tell me at what time between 0800 and 1300 the engineer might arrive?
I was told that if the phone line is not installed then the fibre cannot be installed...  or that the engineer may do both...
Oliver
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi Oliver.
I'll give Openreach a call now and see what's happening. Thanks for letting me know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
zorgster
Dabbler

Openreach engineer called and will be there about 2pm.
Says he will be installing both phone/fibre.
Thanks Alex...
AlexD
Rising Star

Thanks for letting me know Oliver. I'm still no hold with them myself!
Please let me know if they're not there in half an hour and I'll chase again.
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
zorgster
Dabbler

He is there now... but concerned there is no router ...
You mentioned something about a fibre modem? / ethernet connection? 
Oliver
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi Oliver
The engineer has confirmed to your partner that he's going up install the modem for you so the installation will go ahead.
Sorry this hasn't been as straight forward as it should be.
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
zorgster
Dabbler

Does the router need a username and password?
.. engineer has a talktalk router he is trying..
Oliver
zorgster
Dabbler

Could you call my partner on the number I supplied ?
Thanks
Oliver
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi Oliver.
Thanks for your patience.
I've spoken with your partner and a connection has been made via an Ethernet cable. Once the Plusnet router arrives, follow the instructions with the router and you'll be able to connect to the Wi-fi.
I'll update the ticket now.
Thanks again Smiley
Alex.
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
zorgster
Dabbler

Hi
I think there is still some difficulty.  If we connect with an ethernet cable to our current router, the connection will need an ip address on our network? .. or will the device attached to the ethernet cable be given an ip address?
Oliver
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi zorgster,
The current router from TalkTalk shouldn't be in use at all based on the connection that the engineer wired you up with (PPPoE if anyone is wondering).
Did you possibly mean the modem? With this type of connection you shouldn't really need to worry about the IP address.
I can see that you were up for 56 minutes, but then it disconnected.
Our tech support queue is showing at just under 5 minutes if you feel like contacting them, and we should be able to get you back online if there's a problem.
The number is 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
I am in the hope that the router will arrive by tomorrow.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
zorgster
Dabbler

Hi
I'm not sure what you have understood.
The Openreach engineer had a TalkTalk fibre router which he used to attempt to connect to the fibre... he would have used a Plusnet Fibre router but we had to tell him it had not been sent yet.
We have an old router that I understood we could connect via ethernet to the modem that the engineer left on the fibre...
However my partner connected her PowerMac to the line and was given an IP address by DHCP from the line.. she may have been connected for 56 minutes - but I am sure that the line speed must be greater than 1 b/s... or zero .. since she could not use the internet whilst connected. -- although this may be a Mac configuration issue.. she doesn't have problem with wifi connections in general - so could be that it is a wired connection and needed some extra help..
Hopefully the router will appear at some point...  I will find out when I return home from London.. whether or not I have to go and pick it up from the Post Office depot or not..
Oliver