cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for a call but don't even have a phone?

beeje13

Billed for a call but don't even have a phone?

Hi,

On my latest bill, I noticed it was a little higher than normal. Digging into the bill pinpoints it to a 1 second call to 123, which cost £50p. However I don't even have a phone connected to the landlines so this shouldn't be possible. I have seen some threads around Openreach being able to tap into the line and make a test call. Is this still possible?

This is salt in the wounds if true as I already feel aggrieved by their 3 missed appointments and lack of apology never mind compensation, but that's another story...

I understand 50p is not a big deal but is there any way to block this from happening again?

Thanks for reading
5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Billed for a call but don't even have a phone?

@beeje13 wrote:
I understand 50p is not a big deal but is there any way to block this from happening again?

Unfortunately not. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/PlusNet-1800-an-hour-phone-bill/m-p/1691917

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
beeje13

Thanks for for the quick response!

Part of me Is not surprised this is the way things are with that shambolic company and I will just have to let it go

Worth saying that Plusnet have been outstanding throughout

Thanks again
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@beeje13 wrote:
Part of me Is not surprised this is the way things are with that shambolic company and I will just have to let it go

It's become such a common occurrence that the staffers on the forum now just accept the fact and refund the 50p(s).

In the current crisis this is obviously a low priority, but at some stage you should be reimbursed.  🤞

Thanks again

You're welcome. Go carefully.  😸

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @beeje13,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with the call charges on your latest invoice, I've now processed a refund for you - should drop back into your bank account within the next 3-5 working days. 

Let us know if you need further assistance,

Thanks. 

beeje13

Hi Mads,

I appreciate you making that gesture, I hope PN are able to claim these costs back somehow

Thanks