Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by mistake - where's my refund?

0295G11
Hooked

Billed by mistake - where's my refund?

Hi,

I closed my account with Plusnet at the end of a 12 month contract on the 18th of September. You then took 29.98 from my account on the 21st by direct debit for services I didn't use and by your own admission should never have been billed for. I raised this issue with one of your support team last Friday after spending the usual 40 minutes on hold and I still haven't got my money back - what's going on?

EDIT: To make it perfectly clear, the team member I spoke to on Friday said they would process the refund - my question is about when this is happening, not if

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
gerrarda
Dabbler

Re: Billed by mistake - where's my refund?

I was in the same suituation having left them in August. I was on fibre to they have taken £39 from my account. Took 3 phone calls before I finally got an email confirmation of cancellation and a wait of 20 days before they will refund me!
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @0295G11, I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing and apologies for the frustration caused. As my response includes some account specifics I have created a ticket for you to look over here. 

0295G11
Hooked

I've waited for two weeks now and the refund hasn't come through. What's happening? Why is it taking this long?

What happened to the estimated "5-7 working day" processing period for this refund? Why has the support ticket been closed for 14 days of inactivity when the issue hasn't been solved? I didn't realise your own inactivity was grounds to shut down support claims!

Considering that this direct debit should never have been taken from me in the first place this is really frustrating. I don't want excuses, I want my money back.

EDIT: Other plusnet users in a similar position to me should use OFCOM's monitoring form for billing problems. Although they cannot take up our cases individually, enough of these forms reaching them will let them know what's happening here. 

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @0295G11,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing.

From looking into your account, I can see that this has already been raised to the relevant department to resolve this. I understand that it has taken longer than you expected but I'm afraid we are currently experiencing some delays.

I can assure you that your refund will be issued out and I really appreciate your patience with us during this matter.

I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience that this may have caused.

Please get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thank you,

Aisha

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@AishaK

I note your comment “…but I'm afraid we are currently experiencing some delays”.

I am still a Plusnet customer but here are two examples of such “delays” that affect me:

First “delay” –I have an issue with missing referral credits on my September bill that is currently with the billing team. It was first raised with Customer Services on 9 September, and, to date, there has been no substantive reply. There is a ticket on my account (#182750474) awaiting that response.

Second “delay” -My October bill is now over a week late and so I cannot tell, in the absence of any useful response to my ticket, if the issue has actually been sorted.

When are Plusnet going to start telling their paying customers what is really going on with this new billing system and when they can expect things to be sorted?

Plusnet management are showing nothing short of contempt for those affected customers and ex-customers.

0295G11
Hooked

Thanks for at least replying.

I want to also make it clear that a cheque in the post won't work as a repayment method because I have moved from the property you supplied.

Having looked at a couple of other threads I've noticed that seems to be a popular repayment method but it'll have to be a bank transfer to the account you took my money from in the first place.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @jgb

I am really sorry for the delays you are experiencing and for the obvious frustration caused. These issues are with the relevant team to investigate further, however due to the increased contact recently I'm afraid responses have been a lot slower than we would like.

I have picked up your comments regarding your October bill on another post and responded here

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me

0295G11
Hooked

EDIT:

I've waited long enough. I will be taking my money back through the terms of the direct debit guarantee.

I can't emphasise enough how useful it would be if you would make this option known to customers instead of wasting weeks and weeks of my time on something like this. 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @0295G11

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry for the amount of time you have been waiting for your refund.

I have looked through your account and as my response contains account specific details I have responded via a ticket on your account that you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

0295G11
Hooked

Responded as requested.
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @0295G11,

I have left a ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Please get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thank you,

Aisha