cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed after transferring to another provider.

mynameistaken

Billed after transferring to another provider.

I transferred to another provider on the 5th May and have just received a bill for service up to the 31st May. I cannot get through to anyone to find out what is going on. Should I cancel my DD? 

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Billed after transferring to another provider.

It takes a few days to produce your final bill and if you cance your DD it will take longer to refund you anything assuming you were not in contract when you moved away.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@mynameistaken 

Assuming that your billing date is the 31st of the month I would have expected you to be billed around the 31st April up until the 31st May. After your account is closed I would then expect you to be paid a refund for the period 6 to 31 May.

Having said that it is well known that whilst it works for some, Plusnet's billing system is an absolute nightmare for others. Be very careful about cancelling your Direct Debit. First there will be a problem with paying your refund and secondly you are inviting issues with Plusnet's debt collectors who they appear to turn to without much hesitation.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @mynameistaken

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

To confirm you'll receive a final invoice within 21 days of your account closing - this final invoice will include any early termination and call charges (if applicable) and refunds for over-payments. For that reason I'd suggest keeping your direct debit instruction open so that we can get any refunds back to you faster - otherwise they will be sent out via cheque. 

Thanks. 

mynameistaken

Thanks for the advice. I'll leave it for a bit then and see if I get a final invoice. I'm out of contract so it should be a refund.