cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed after cancelling account

macca20d

Billed after cancelling account

Well, we moved house a few months back and soon after I phoned and cancelled my broadband with PN. I have since received a couple of bills which I have frankly just ignored after a quick google search has shown this is happening on a regular basis, and according to this https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000 its not the first time!

I have now received messages regarding my account being blocked and overdue amounts etc so today I phoned PN to see what the hell is going on. After an hour on the phone and being passed from department to department I was told that not only was my account still open but there was no record of a call and no 'ticket' on the account for a cancelation and finally 'theres nothing i can do mate'.

In the end I have ended up paying nearly £90 for a service i have not been using for 3 months and i thought had been cancelled. I have only paid up in a attempt to prevent a mark on my credit score. I had been a good customer with PN and never left a bill unpaid, despite their site constantly being unable to accept payments and the 45minute waits on the phone all the while being told to pay online in a recorded loop.

Im feeling quite disheartened by the whole experience and have the overwhelming feeling ill never see my money again, If you are thinking of joining Plusnet just don't. i think my only course of action is to join the que of people reporting these problems to ofcom as plusnet refuse to do anything but demand money from me.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Billed after cancelling account

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Billed after cancelling account

Hi @macca20d

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've detailed in your OP.

I've investigated this for you and provided my findings here.

Best wishes

Dave