cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed after cancellation

guyarich

Billed after cancellation

Hello,

I closed my account on the 24th of August. Since then I was mistakenly charged £34.98 on the 29th August. On the same day I was told, via chat support (attached), that I would be refunded this money, which I still haven't received. To make matters worse I have recieved an email letting me know I will be billed £18.49 on October 1st, a month and a bit after my account has been closed!

I would appreciate an explanation to what's going on?
5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Billed after cancellation

Hi @guyarich, I'm sorry to hear this and as such I have created a ticket for you to look over here.

guyarich

Hello,
Nothing has changed? I am still recieving reminders to pay my bill. To be honest this is getting pretty ridiculous. It has been over 8 days since you offered to help and my bill still hasn't been removed. Additionally I just noticed the ticket message states that "you are due back £27.98" whereas as far as I am aware I am due £34.98! I was actually very hopeful that this would have been the end of it.
markypoos77
Hooked

I am having exactly the same issues - what a farce!

am being asked to pay a bill for a month where plusnet have not provided me any services - on top of that they have chucked on some admin / late fee charges so asking for close to £70. 

i have been on live chat and have it in writing that this should actually be £7.99 and that this would be changed and re sent to me as the correct bill but 10 days after this conversation im still being emailed requesting £70.

absolute shambles. seriosuly puts me off every coming back to plusnet. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The new billing system appears to have some gremlins!

Who is your new provider?  I have read others reporting that their old supplier is still billing them after moving to Plusnet … makes one wonder if there is an issue within BT Openreach who are responsible for advising the losing supplier that the service have been migrated away.  Without such advice, the losing supplier will still bill.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@guyarich, I can see this is still with our billing team to sort out. In the interim I'd recommend ignoring the automated emails which are going out. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

@markypoos77, sorry to hear this. If you can PM me your username I'll be happy to look into this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet