cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill wrong after price increase

Richchad
Rising Star

Bill wrong after price increase

Received my months bill yesterday apart from my still missing referral which is another problem being "looked into" I had some mysterious amounts added to my bill.

As I am on a fixed contract the only increase I expected would be my call plan from £8pm to £9pm and as the increase started on the 3rd December I expected a part increase something like 52p..

However this is what my bill showed...

Unlimited UK & Mobile -£4.27
Unlimited UK & Mobile £4.80
Unlimited UK & Mobile £9.00

I have no phone call charges this month so where on earth did the £4.80 come from and then -£4.27?

If this is somehow they worked out the part increase in my call plan of £1, it would only be about right if the call plan figure of £9 was shown as £8.. then it would be an increase of 53p..

Thinking it would be a simple thing to correct I spoke to someone on chat, I won't name him on here, but he seemed to have difficulty in understanding what my problem was, and after about half an hour getting nowhere he said he would ring me in 15 minutes, he checked my phone number, but no call ever came... not impressed.!

Can someone please look at my account and hopefully understand what the problem is, It would appear that I have been billed about £1 too much, a small amount you may think but it needs to be correct and on top of my missing referrals for the last 8 months doesn't bode well when it comes to renewing my contract.

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Bill wrong after price increase

My bill is similar to yours and it is correct.

The refund (negative amount) is the old price from 3rd Dec to your billing date which you paid last month.

The next line is the pro rata new price from 3rd Dec to your billing date.

Then the new price for the full month in advance.

So you have been charged an extra 53 pence which is not far off your expected amount.😀

Richchad
Rising Star

@RealAleMadrid Thanks for your input, I see what you are saying but if that is the case I should only pay the extra 53p from 3rd December but not the £9 as well, shouldn't that be £8 until next month when it would just be £9 each month.

This shows that I am paying an extra £1 more this month....?

TBH it isn't very clear what each amount is for as all labelled "Unlimited UK & Mobile"

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

From 3rd December the price is £9 a month you pay in advance for the call plan. The 53p extra is up to your billing date. It looks correct to me.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Richchad 

What I think the Plusnet agent failed to grasp is that you had not appreciated that line rental saver is paid in advance. It’s quite straightforward really, you pay an extra 53p for the increase from the 3rd December up to your billing date plus the new rate of £9 for the next month.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Richchad
Rising Star

@RealAleMadrid @Baldrick1 

Thanks for your replies, okay didn't really grasp about the call plan being paid in advance, so really the 53p should have been added to last months bill but guess can only be done after price increase comes into force.

Thanks guys for helping me understand that,

The agent had raised a ticket and I replied to it as in my first post so will see how they respond, but it is now clearer to me.

Shame the agent didn't ring me like he promised and maybe we could have sorted it as the chat system is a bit long winded when getting into detail...

Thanks again for your help.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Richchad 

It’s probably best not to try to understand the logic of Plusnet’s billing system. Just rejoice that the bottom line is correct!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'