Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill should not vary from month to month - help required please

FIXED
br04db4nd

Bill should not vary from month to month - help required please

Hello

In June 2021 I started a £24.99 broadband only contract deal for 24 months, which I set up with Plusnet, over the phone.
This is a set amount of £24.99 and should not vary.
I am on the autistic spectrum and find phone calls difficult.
I have looked at my account online at the breakdown of the bills and cannot see why the line rental and broadband vary, considering I am supposed to be paying £24.99 a month.
I would like to know why the bill differs from month to month, sometimes over £30. Telephone is not included and I have not used  my landline to make calls.
Please advise if you need any more details.
Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Bill should not vary from month to month - help required please

You need to a closer look at the cost details - Plusnet does not do "Broadband only" deals.  Plusnet services are all phone line included.

Whilst you might believe that no calls have been made, that does not preclude the possibility of faults on the line giving rise to phantom calls and their associated charges.

Your 24 month contract will not have been a FIXED price contract, so there has also been an annual price change.  The first bill after the prices change will be different to that before and the second after the change.

2022 Billing increases

Users have found the first bill following the price changes on 31st March 2022 odd because the brief summary presented at the top of the bill is just that - a summary. It does not reflect the important details of each line as fully described on subsequent pages. The first bill after the price rise, has for each chargeable item and their associated discounts...

1. A refund for the charges already paid on the previous bill (at the old rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  2. A re-charge in arrears (at the new rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  3. The charge at the new rate for the following month (charged in advance)

Consequently comparing this months bill with last months bill can create the impression that it has gone up more than the expected 9.3%. It is also possible that the annual prise rise is coincident with the end of the discounted minimum term, making the increase appear much larger.

Note: In some cases there is a known error on the first bill run which has omitted to adjust applicable discounts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @br04b4nd and I hope you're doing OK. 

I've just had a look into this for you and have added a ticket to your account giving what I hope is a clear breakdown of your charges and any recent changes to billing: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225027063

Please have a look when you can and let me know if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
br04db4nd

Hello

In July 2021 and April 22 I have been charged twice for line rental and unlimited fibre, both times, differing amounts, why is this?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Fix

@br04db4nd Those billing dates are just after the cpi+3.9% increases so will have adjustments because of that. You have not been charged twice, if you look carefully at the dates you will see that the different rates are for before and after the price increase. You will have refund for part of the old rates and a pro-rata payment for the part of the month at the new rate. It's confusing but it works out to be correct.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@br04db4nd wrote:

Hello

In July 2021 and April 22 I have been charged twice for line rental and unlimited fibre, both times, differing amounts, why is this?

See post #2

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @bro4db4n, did you have a minute to check out @adamwalker's email that was sent through yesterday? If so, did it make sense at all? Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
br04db4nd

I did not receive an email from Adam Walker yesterday, I checked my junk mail.

I also want to advise I have no call charges, so there is no reason why my line rental should be higher.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @br04db4nd, if you click on the link from my last reply on here that will take you to the response that I've added to your account: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225027063

Please give that a try when you can and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team