Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill paid but unable to make some other payments - help pls

Cazlizzy
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Bill paid but unable to make some other payments - help pls

hi..my Bill was paid a couple of hours late..but it said restriction lifted. However...while I can make payments to some sites..others are not being processed.. I checked with my bank told not on their side...could some one please check if all restrictions have been lifted. this only started after it said restrictions lifted.

ps..I also followed the advice from another post about authorisation..with no luck.

thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

Re: Bill paid but unable to make some other payments - help pls

@Gandalf  any chance you can help when you got on please.  ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for your post @Cazlizzy

I'm sorry to see you're having issues making payments to some websites.

I've checked your account and I can confirm all restrictions are lifted, so this is likely an issue with those particular websites. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@Gandalf  ty for your response. I have been into my bank this morning and all is fine their end....odd it only started within minutes of the bill being paid  and restrictions being lifted..but... If i take your advice i have a busy day contacting o2, amazon, uninted utilies to sort out their websites and have to put my chirstmas shopping on hold. Sad

thanks anyhow.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for getting back to me @Cazlizzy

Do you have access to mobile data you can try making a payment from to one of the affected websites?

That should try to establish whether it's an us or them problem Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@Gandalf just to let you know I have still not sorted this..though I think I may have pinpointed when the failure is. it seems to be any site that 'verifys by mastercard/visa authorisation. so [-Censored-]s me paying bills and most purchases. Sad  this is most likely a bank issue..but cant get through via phone (no credit as it won't let me pay lol ) and because of their restricted opening times atm not been able to get in yet.

Does still seem odd that it only started after I paid my plusnet bill though.

as always ty for your assistance.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting back to us @Cazlizzy

While I agree, it does seem odd that this has happened once paying your bill on our end, you've had issues making payments elsewhere. Though I can assure you that once restrictions are lifted on our end, we don't block payments / browsing on any other sites. Hope you manage to get this sorted with your band. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds