cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill massivly overcharged

Ger

Bill massivly overcharged

The Bill email I've received is 12 times more than the deal agreed when I switched to Fibre Optic. I had already called and spoken to customer services and they assured this wouldn't happen, so I'm a bit annoyed and obviously frustrated that I can't get through to anyone.

Because of this I've cancelled my direct debit until this is sorted.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Bill massivly overcharged

@Ger wrote:

Because of this I've cancelled my direct debit until this is sorted.

Bad move!

If you wanted direct action you would be better off invoking the DD guarantee and asking the bank to refund the money.

Either way you will likely provoke the Plusnet automatic ‘bring in the debt collectors’ system. This is the last thing that you need when you are having problems  communicating with these parties.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ger

Thanks for that. I suppose I was hoping it would provoke PlusNet to get in touch.

Normally I'd pay it and get a refund but I'm so peeved about this because I spoke to them over two weeks ago and was promised what was on the previous email was incorrect and the correct rate was on their system. But now I have a notification the overcharged rate will leave my account on 9th April.

If PlusNet are listening, email confirmation of the correct amount and I'll set-up DD ASAP Smiley

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

In these times with communication between customers and Plusnet even more difficult than it usually is, I do think that Plusnet need to think very carefully about their processes when customers might appear to be late with payments. 

A lot of posts on the forums are about Plusnet apparently issuing bills for the wrong amounts (often considerably higher than the correct amount). Many posts seem to suggest that this has happened because recent recontracting has gone wrong or not completed correctly (I have been affected by this issue). Other issues stem from problems with the billing system since it was revamped about 20 months ago. Given that Plusnet themselves are the authors of these overbilling issues, it would seem sensible if, at this time, Plusnet gave the benefit of the doubt to all customers and did not invoke failed payment procedures at all especially as customers cannot readily contact Plusnet to sort things out and even when they do I see reports of that the Plusnet systems do not correct things as quickly as they should.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Ger 

Whilst I do agree with @jgb  the problem as I see it is that Plusnet have to have real personnel to proactively sort billing problems. These are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

On the other hand failure to pay a bill results in automatic systems coming into play, these result in the suspension of service, the threat of debt collector action, black mark on credit record etc. It takes a real person to proactively override these actions and as before, these are currently thin on the ground..Then of course there’s the problem of getting to talk to one of these persons with the authority to fix the mess.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'