Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill issued after closure of account

FIXED
davneg
Grafter

Bill issued after closure of account

Hi I received an email saying the monthly amount will be taken via direct debit on 4th June. However, my account was closed and line disconnected on 15th May. From my understanding, billing works in advance and therefore my last bill should have been the one taken in early May. Could you please clarify? Should I cancel my direct debit? Thanks, David
Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Bill issued after closure of account

Fix

Thanks for your post @davneg.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of this seemingly erroneous bill having been generated.

On checking the account I am unable to actually see the latest (or any other) bill and so have had to send a ticket over to our Billing Operations Team for clarification on exactly what these charges are.

I expect a response within the next 5 working days and will update you directly as soon as I do.

In the meantime I would indeed advise cancelling the Direct Debit to ensure that no incorrect funds are taken, as the refund process could take up to 20 days to complete if the wrong monies are taken.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance at all.

davneg
Grafter

Thank you for the reply, @OskarPapa 

I have now cancelled the Direct Debit from my side. If any further action is required from me, I shall wait to hear from you or a staff member of PlusNet.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @davneg, thanks for getting back to me.

That's great - I'll be in touch as soon as we know more.

fredottey2

Plusnet is telling me I have to pay to leave them.

It is impossible, because of Plusnet's setup to contact them other than this way.

[Removed]

On Tuesday, 28 May 2019, 21:30:09 BST, [Removed] <[Removed]> wrote:

"Because you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £12.15. "

NONSENSE. 14th June is the end of my contract with you. If you're playing with dates, change the change to 15th June.

I owe you nothing if I move on 14th/15th June.  Re-calculate the charges to £0.00,  or I'll see you in the small claims court.

All that cheerful Yorkshire chap advert stuff seems to be a lie.

I may well have stayed with you if you had made the slightest attempt to retain my custom.

You deleted my entry from the phone book when I joined you because of your incompetence. And now you want to fine me for leaving you.  SHAME ON YOU.

And yes, I am leaving your broadband too.

You are not sorry, don't tell lies.

You think you are very clever at blocking complaints.

Don't you realise this is bad business in the short run, never mind longer term.

[Removed]

On Tuesday, 28 May 2019, 15:00:14 BST, Plusnet Support <support@plus.net> wrote:

Home  |  Member Centre  |  Help & Support

We're sorry to hear you're moving your landline service Here's what you need to know     Hello Fred,

Account username: [Removed]

Phone number affected: [Removed]

We're sorry to hear you're moving your landline service.

Another service provider has told us that you're moving your phone service to them.

Your phone service will transfer automatically on 14th June 2019 and will result in the cancellation of your phone contract.   • If you're also moving your broadband service - (we've not got confirmation of this yet) this should happen on the date set out above and will result in the cancellation of your Plusnet account - we'll send you another email with further details if this is the case   • If you're not moving your broadband service - we'll continue to supply your broadband and any other services you have with us after this date  If that's not right, or you'd like to speak to someone about your account, call us as soon as possible for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, before 4pm on 12th June 2019. The sooner you call the easier it is to change things.   When your phone service moves   Because you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £12.15. You can find out more information about this in our Price guide.

Additional charges may apply if we receive notice that your broadband service is also transferring.

Your broadband package is subject to a surcharge when taken without phone. If you're keeping your broadband with Plusnet, it will cost £13.49 per month after your phone service has transferred. This will start from the first bill you receive after your phone service has transferred.   Your next bill   After your phone service has transferred, your next bill will include:     • The charge to cancel your phone service, detailed above   • A final charge to cover your phone service for the period between your previous bill and the transfer date   • Any applicable charges for calls made in the period between your previous bill and the transfer date   • The monthly charge for the services you're keeping (including your new broadband price, detailed above)     Before your phone service moves   We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us but before your phone service moves there are some things you need to consider.   Your phone service   Moving your phone service means you'll lose your Line Only inclusive minutes, inclusive calls to Plusnet Support and free calls to other Plusnet customers. You'll also lose access to the Call Features shown below.   • Voicemail  If you have an alarm, medical alerting system, CCTV or any other services connected to your phone line, please speak to the supplier to make sure that these services are not interrupted as a result of your move.   Any questions?   We've got a team of helpful Plusnet advisors to answer any questions you have about leaving. Call us for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday or 9am-7pm on Saturdays and 9am-6pm on Sundays.

We'd like to thank you for using our phone service. We hope that you'll consider us again in the future.   Best wishes,

[Removed]
Customer Operations Director
www.plus.net
Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@fredottey2 If it is still possible, I'd advise you to edit your post to delete all personal information.  It is never a good idea to disclose your address and phone number on a publicly accessible  forum.  If it's no longer possible for you to remove these yourself, one of the moderators will do so in due course.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @fredottey2, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry for the issues you have had and for the email that's recently been sent to you. Our automated system has sent the email with the charges being if you were to cancel that day rather than on 14/06/2019. I've provided further information on this support ticket here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
davneg
Grafter

@OskarPapa how are you?

I have been receiving reminders of payment and warnings of line being disconnected since cancelling my Direct Debit. Does Plusnet know my line has already been disconnected and my contract already terminated on 15th May? Smiley

Could you please ask to stop the automated emails please?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @daveng

I'm afraid that we can't stop the e-mails being sent out but we're looking into this further and we'll update your account shortly 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davneg
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler fair enough - just bear in mind I received at least four and the last one sounded also threatening.

Other people may not be as peaceful as me when reading it... Wink

Thanks for replying and have a nice day!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @davneg

I believe this should be sorted now as per the recent e-mails sent but if you have any further issues let us know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team