cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill has increased? Should I take out a new deal?

FIXED
HelenaS

Bill has increased? Should I take out a new deal?

Hi all!
So my bill was £21.99 for unlimited fibre extra when I signed up in December, it then went up to £25.33 in April and I don’t remember being told why and can’t seem to find anything in my inbox.
If this is just inflation or whatever. Should I take out a new deal? Or am I better leaving it as it is?
We don’t have a landline at all here.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Bill has increased? Should I take out a new deal?

it then went up to £25.33 in April

That would have been the CPI increase

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HelenaS

Thankyou, what is this 🫣😂
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Fix

From the T & C s here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

A percentage price increase will be applied to the price of broadband, line rental, call plans and call charges. This price increase will be applied on or after 1st March each year from March 2023, and will be equal to a percentage comprising of i) the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate figure published by the Office for National Statistics in January of that year plus ii) 3.9%. If you have previously signed up to a fixed price contract, and are still within your minimum term, these price increases will only apply once your minimum term ends.

CPI was ~10.1% so the increase was ~14%

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.