Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill for services after leaving date confused

nufclad147
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Bill for services after leaving date confused

Hi I left Plusnet 13 Jan only reason Cashback incentive faster speed cheaper I spent 18mth with plusnet and cant say I ever had a single drop in connection so I will def be back in the future.

My query is having left to go live with new ISP Jan13 I received a bill day after dated Jan14 the bill states fees for line rental £21.22 from Jan14 to Feb13 an Fiber fees 55p for Jan14 to Jan14. Total £22.77. bill states the payment date is to be Jan 21

If my leaving day and contract end day was Jan13 why bill me all the way to Feb14. I was under impression I payed in advance and indeed previous bill states my payment Dec 21 was for services to Jan13 my leaving day.

If this payment will intimately be refunded in the future why even feel the need to take it in first place, I'm very confused.
3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Bill for services after leaving date confused

Did you receive a "sorry you're leaving" email from Plusnet?  How did you transfer away?  ie has another provider taken over your line?  If it's a faster connection, then I'm guessing it's a Fiber connection (FTTP or Virgin Media).  If so, is your Plusnet connection still working?

I'm asking these to try and determine if Plusnet even know you've left.  If you're new provider have done it properly then Plusnet would have been informed of your transfer and should have sent you an email and started your notice period.  We've seen it before when a new provider has placed the orders wrong and people have ended up with new connections in addition to their existing connections, especially where the connection is of a different type (ie FTTP or Virgin Media).

The other thing that might come in to play, if Plusnet do know you are leaving, is that they would normally bill you for the full month, even once they've had notification of you leaving, then you will get a final bill, which may be a refund (and would likely be for you if you are at the end of contract).  I've never heard of it being billed after the transfer date, though I've not heard of one so close between billing date and transfer date.  That may be because Plusnet haven't had notification that the transfer was complete by the time the bill was generated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @nufclad147, thanks for getting in touch on our forums. I am really sorry for the confusion with your latest bill.

I can see you've previously been in touch on Twitter and a colleague provided further information on the account on this for you here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221175981

Your bills will generate as usual until the account is closed and then after closure, a final bill generates to reflect the date the service left us and any owed refunds would be issued to cover any unused services you have paid for.

Moderators Note: Link corrected.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
nufclad147
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Yes @pjmarsh got the sorry your leaving email and a missed call from I guess retention dept. I transferred to NOW FTTC the 18 month with Plusnet was tremendous I can not recall a single drop in service but for one planned event. What lead me to leave was cashback incentive and a faster speed upgrade 68mb for cheaper then my plusnet 36mb. Once my year is up with NOW (baby Sky) I will without doubt return to Plusnet (baby BT) as you now issue the Smart hub 2 the service and reliability was spot on.