Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill due today not able to pay online

lscatterson
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Bill due today not able to pay online

Hi,

Tried to pay the bill which is due today, if I use my plus net broadband I cannot even load the plus net web site or plus.net/pay. I have tried to use the internet on my phone and cannot load the plus.net/pay but can login and I get the option on the main page to pay my bill but it just keeps loading the main page.
After a 13 hour working day I do not want to have to call and pay a bill I should be able to do online.
Surely if my payment is due I should be redirected to the payment page but no it tries and fails to load the failed payment page, I have been having this issue for months and have spoken to the advisers via the online chat who fix the issue but it keeps coming back.
21 REPLIES 21
lscatterson
Dabbler

Re: Bill due today not able to pay online

So after 90 minutes of messing around it finally lets me pay but only when I turned my phone in to a WiFi hotspot then connect my laptop so I can pay.

This is at least the third month I have had to do this, surely if my bill is due today then I have today to pay it and why does the restrictions placed on my account stop me making the payment to remove the restrictions.

I have been a plus net customer for many years but I am now thinking I should have gone to virgin.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @lscatterson

We're really sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. This is a known issue and can be found on other community threads. It is something we are working on as fast as we can to come to a resolution but at this moment in time, we wouldn't be able to provide a fix date. 

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and should you experience further issues, please call customer services directly (although we know it isn't ideal) or send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or update your post requesting assistance. 

Customer Services can be reached on the details below: 

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
  • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)

Opening Hours: 

7:30-10pm, every day

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@lscatterson 

A warm welcome to the forums - it is good to hear that you have been able to sort this.  Setting up automatic payment arrangements should prevent this happing in the future.

I cannot even load the plus net web site

It can be helpful to describe exactly what IS happening rather than the end expectation which is not being fulfilled.  There are a number of reported experience which result in not being able to load the pay now page, from not being able to get anywhere near the Plusnet servers (for a number of reasons) through to the payment page application simply not loading after logging in.

Do you recall exactly what you DID see please?

Which router are you using?

Do you use safe guarding?

Do you have a static IP address?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lscatterson
Dabbler

I have not replied to this post as a question was opened up to fix the issue, but this has not happened and now no-one is updating my ticket or fixing the issue.

All these issues are on Plus.net's side and they are.

1. When I try and pay my bill I cannot access the Plus.Net/pay on my broadband I have to turn my phone to a Hot spot and use my phones internet, why would you stop me trying to pay my bill.

2. I cannot change my billing date on my account as I get the message 'This account is due to be closed' I have asked many times and no one has told me if my account is ending or not, plus this fault has not been fixed. I cannot setup a direct debit unless I can change my bill date and I will not if my account is going to be closed.

3. I keep getting told when I login that I have not updated my communication preference in 6 month but I have many time but this message does not go away.

This ticket has been open for 3 weeks but nothing has been done and from what I have read on posts in the community other people have been having this issues for years so I would assume plus.net knows how to fix this.

As you can understand I am very frustrated and don't even know if my account with plus.net is being closed before my contract ends because no-one can tell me if this is an error or not.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @lscatterson 

I'm sorry for the issues you've been experiencing.

1. When I try and pay my bill I cannot access the Plus.Net/pay on my broadband I have to turn my phone to a Hot spot and use my phones internet, why would you stop me trying to pay my bill.

Once a payment fails, your account goes into 'failed billing'. On Days 1, 5 & 10 of failed billing your browsing will be interrupted by a 'splash screen'. This splash screen is a reminder that payment is due, but can be bypassed by you selecting the option to 'acknowledge and continue browsing' (this is only view-able on an internet browser and not apps) and once done your browsing will return to normal.

Unfortunately we're aware of a small number of customers that are not seeing the splash screen when interruptions are applied meaning this can't be bypassed on your side. We can remove the interruption but that results the payment not showing as outstanding when you go into your account, so a workaround is to pay online using a different connection.

2. I cannot change my billing date on my account as I get the message 'This account is due to be closed' I have asked many times and no one has told me if my account is ending or not, plus this fault has not been fixed. I cannot setup a direct debit unless I can change my bill date and I will not if my account is going to be closed.

Sorry for the concern caused by this, I can't see any cancellation requests on your account. It's just a display error that's also impacting your ability to change your billing date via your account.

As a workaround we can change this via the back-end billing system and I'm sorry to see this wasn't done yesterday when our billing team picked the ticket up as I can see you advised what date you'd want.

If you can leave this with me I'll ensure your billing date is changed although we may need to wait until after your next billing date as it's within the next 7 days. Will get back to you as soon as I can next week.

3. I keep getting told when I login that I have not updated my communication preference in 6 month but I have many time but this message does not go away.

Do you have cookies enabled on the device you're using and does your web browser automatically delete cookies once the tab/window has closed? That may be a possible cause for why you're continually advise to update your preferences.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lscatterson
Dabbler

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

It maybe a a work around but having to turn my phone in to a hot spot then connect my laptop is not something I feel I should have to do every month just to pay my bill. As this is a fault effecting customer and inconveniencing them you are working to fix this issue?

I would like the issue where I cannot change my billing date to also be fixed as well as my billing date changed.

You said 'I can't see any cancellation requests on your account' so are you saying my account is not going to be closed?

I have tried to update the preferences on 2 browsers and my phone, I would say with all the issue I am having with my account this fault is something on your side not mine.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It maybe a a work around but having to turn my phone in to a hot spot then connect my laptop is not something I feel I should have to do every month just to pay my bill. As this is a fault effecting customer and inconveniencing them you are working to fix this issue?

Absolutely I agree and we are working to fix the issues. You shouldn't have to hotspot your phone to your laptop though, you should be able to pay online straight from your phone's mobile data?

I would like the issue where I cannot change my billing date to also be fixed as well as my billing date changed.

That's also an issue we're working on fixing. As billing dates can only be changed once every 4 months if you're wanting to change it again (Once we've changed it) in the foreseeable, we'd be happy to do this again from this side. 

You said 'I can't see any cancellation requests on your account' so are you saying my account is not going to be closed?

That's correct.

I have tried to update the preferences on 2 browsers and my phone, I would say with all the issue I am having with my account this fault is something on your side not mine.

Not really confident this is an account specific issue to be honest, are you able to check if cookies are enabled and aren't removed automatically? Having said that it looks like your preferences have updated despite the banner advising you haven't so I wouldn't really worry too much about that banner.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lscatterson
Dabbler

'Absolutely I agree and we are working to fix the issues. You shouldn't have to hotspot your phone to your laptop though, you should be able to pay online straight from your phone's mobile data?'

I should be able to pay online via my Plus.Net broadband and not have to waste my phones internet at all was the point I was trying to get across!

'That's also an issue we're working on fixing. As billing dates can only be changed once every 4 months if you're wanting to change it again (Once we've changed it) in the foreseeable, we'd be happy to do this again from this side.'

Once its setup correctly I should not have to change my billing date but I want the error fixed!

'Not really confident this is an account specific issue to be honest, are you able to check if cookies are enabled and aren't removed automatically? Having said that it looks like your preferences have updated despite the banner advising you haven't so I wouldn't really worry too much about that banner.'

If you can see they have been updated and I am getting the message then it is a fault on your side, I just want this fault fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I should be able to pay online via my Plus.Net broadband and not have to waste my phones internet at all was the point I was trying to get across!

I do agree, the only other workaround I can think of is to pay over the phone.

I'd be happy to call you back when that time comes.

Once its setup correctly I should not have to change my billing date but I want the error fixed!

As per my previous responses we are working to fix this.

If you can see they have been updated and I am getting the message then it is a fault on your side, I just want this fault fixed.

I kind of disagree here to be honest, there's really no evidence to suggest this however I'm happy to be wrong.

I'm simply offering a suggestion which may resolve the issue.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lscatterson
Dabbler

Ok, I have checked my devices and the cookie settings are correct. I have just updated my preferences on my PC via Chrome and Edge (settings checked on both) and on my phone. I have 3 emails telling me my preferences have been updated but I also got these emails before so know they have been updated many times.

I have logged in on a different PC via edge which I have never used to access Plus.Net before and the message is still showing, on the Home tab of my account page in a blue box.

I have now tried 3 different devices that have no issues with any other websites including ones I access account on.

lscatterson
Dabbler

Hi,

I have just seen there is another ticket open on my account

Question #191921292 

Script User - Automated Script Pool
9:23pm, Monday 8 Jul 2019
Summer Your Way

Please can you let me know what this is?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@lscatterson wrote:

I have just seen there is another ticket open on my account

Question #191921292 

Script User - Automated Script Pool
9:23pm, Monday 8 Jul 2019
Summer Your Way

Please can you let me know what this is?

I suspect that was raised on the back of the marketing competition email entitled "Summer, Plusnet Style". 

This looks to be simply an internal ticket so it's probably worth ignoring this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lscatterson
Dabbler

As my billing date was not changed I am stuck facing the same issue when my bill is due.

So today my bill is due and I have gone on to try and pay this morning, spent 40 minutes and no matter is I try and use my Plus.Net internet and also the mobile data on my phone and I just get the message 

Error
Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.
Go Back

Why am I not able to pay my bill online I am not able to call and wait for an adviser, again all I want to do is pay my bill and I am having to jump through hoops just to do this. I will not be free for someone to call me just fix it so I can pay online this cannot be too much to ask for.

lscatterson
Dabbler

The web address it is taking me to is https://portal.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/retry

But all I get is the above error.