cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill changed from £5 to £23.

Louhan

Bill changed from £5 to £23.

On my original email welcoming me to plus net, it said my payments for the first 18 months would come to £5. After this period the price would rise to £15.99.

Have tried calling plusnet only to be left on hold for over 30 minutes several times and as per the online chat isn't working.

Can someone explain the rise in cost on my billing?

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Bill changed from £5 to £23.

Thanks for your post, @Louhan.

We're sorry to hear that your bill was higher than expected.

We can't discuss sensitive account billing here and so have sent you this ticket.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts / Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
c130

Same happened to me. 

The email I received says I can renew Line Rental Saver online but I can't see how to do that.

Also, Line Rental Saver is a lump payment for 12 months of rental, but I only have 6 months left on my broadband contract - if I choose to pay the lump sum now but end the contract when it expires in 6 months, will I get a refund on the unused line rental payments?

Mav
Fixes: 515

The Line Rental Saver is non-refundable as per this page.

Although I seem to recall that the unused amount can be refunded if you leave within the specified period due to a price increase.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @c130,

You can make a payment by calling our Customer Support team on 0800 432 0200, should you chose to pay this it would be for a full 12 months but as @Mav mentions it is non-refundable in all circumstances apart from price rises. 

Might be worth waiting for your current contract to finish and then pay LRS and agree a new deal?

Thanks.