Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Higher than Expected

FIXED
NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Bill Higher than Expected

Hi,

The bill I received on the 25th of August, for £34.98, is once again incorrect. As mentioned on my previous topic for the over-billing issue I experienced in July, I should be being billed £26.99/month for the first twelve months of my fibre broadband contract.

Could someone look into this, please?

Many thanks in advance. Smiley

12 REPLIES 12
briston
Aspiring Pro

Re: Bill Higher than Expected

Just been going through this myself only a few minutes ago. Billing and cancellations give 2 different stories

pnacc
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Same issue here. I have just realised I'm being overcharged: £39.98 instead of £27.99, perhaps some months charged together? I believe even my setup costs were charged at £10 instead of £5.

Would appreciate support and a refund.

briston
Aspiring Pro

Interesting. The figures are almost identical.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@NinthPlanet, sorry you're discounts haven't been applied correctly. I've refunded this months over payment back to the payment method and reapplied the discounts for the remainder of your contract. You'll receive two separate emails confirming this (the refund one will be in two hours).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@briston, I've refunded the over payments, but I can't reapply your discounts we'll have to do this monthly on an ad hoc basis for now until the problem affecting discounts is resolved by the dev team. I've created this ticket to do this and advise a little more information on the account/discount added. 

EDIT: Just an FYI you'll receive an automated email in 2 hours for one of the refunds, and two separate ones tomorrow for the other two items detailed on the ticket - these are separate because a manager needs to approve them off the system and this now cannot be done util tomorrow. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pnacc,

I've added the remaining discounts onto the account for you and refunded the discount amount of the previous bills that they weren't added to. The same as my previous post, as there's so many and they have to be done off each individual invoice these have to be approved by a manager so you won't get separate confirmations until tomorrow. 

briston
Aspiring Pro

You could not make it up if you tried. You have just said the discounts will have to be applied manually and someone else has said the account has been changed to apply the discounts. I have asked someone else some pertinent questions, perhaps awkward questions. I await the reply.
I
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@briston,

To clarify we're going to manually add a credit before your bill generates every month for the remainder of the contract period for the discount amount to bring the price down to the amount agreed in your recontract. All I've done is put thing in place to refund the amounts you've overpayed and ensure you get discounts (in the form of a credit) for the remaining months. 

This ticket clarifies something completely different regarding cancellation charges and some conversations you've had. All the questions you've asked on that ticket have all already been answered but I'll answer them again so you have it in one place. 

pnacc
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi @JOLO, thank you for refund confirmation but that only covers the last month. I think the numbers before then don't add up either. Unfortunately I seem to have been charged at once for three months but it looks like I've been charged £28.99 instead of £27.99.

If I'm wrong, could you send a breakdown of my bills up to now please?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pnacc,

All the overpayments have been refunded. The first one processed goes through automatically on our billing system but any additional ones have to be authorised by a manager which is why you haven't received them yet (you'll get them today around 2pm).

I've created this ticket on your account to try and explain things a little better. Let me know if you need further clarification. 

NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Thanks for replying to my post and for arranging a refund. Smiley

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

No problem @NinthPlanet sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you need anything else.