cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Billing Errors (not in my favour.... :-( )

Opal
Dabbler

Big Billing Errors (not in my favour.... :-( )

Hi
Long time plusnet customer here, I got some excellent assistance from these forums recently regarding hub one routers. Hoping for similar levels of knowledge & customer care on this one...

Late November I sign up to upgrade to fttc on the following 12month deal...

Unlimited fibre at £3.01 per month
Line Rental £18.99 per month
Total £22 per month
New 12 month contract

As soon as I could I paid for the Line Rental Saver to reduce the ongoing bills to £3.01 as it says.

Just got an email telling me my bill is £30.95 going out 11/1/18....

Shurely shome mishtake?
Could a plusnetter kindly have a look at this asap? Ideally I'd have Chatted on this but no-one home?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Big Billing Errors (not in my favour.... :-( )

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see we've got your bill wrong, it looks like we've been (and obviously unsuccessfully on this occasion) trying to pro-rata your broadband and fibre packages as you upgraded partway during a billing month.

While I can't change the amount that's currently pending, I've applied a credit of onto your account to cover the overcharge, which will come off future invoices.

You should receive e-mail confirmation of this within the next 24-48 hours in the form of two very similar e-mails with different amounts on. Due to the way our system works I couldn't apply the credit in one go.

I've also re-applied the recurring contract discount on your account now, so you should be billed correctly moving forward.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Let us know if you have any further queries or need more assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Opal
Dabbler

Thank you 👍
I will look out for emails over the weekend & (naturally!) watch the future invoicing very closely!
Cheers
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Smiley

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Opal
Dabbler

Hello again,
Just to update I've, so far, only received one email?
Thanks again
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey. Leave this with me and I’ll look into this further for you tomorrow when I’m next in the office. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Opal

I've checked this for you and I can see the 2nd credit is applied to your account today.

Unsure why we've not sent another email, but both credits are showing there. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet