cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Plusnet's mystical cashback offers

CH2IS

Beware of Plusnet's mystical cashback offers

I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience such issues, but I want to vent my anger at how Plusnet treats customers nowadays.

In a nutshell: Plusnet is refusing to pay the £70 cashback that I'm due. As far as I'm concerned, I met the terms and conditions of the offer.

I have not received the email (it's not in my junk folder either) and the company even admits that there have been widespread reports of customers experiencing similar issues.

I also contacted Plusnet about this more than once while the offer was valid and was given grossly misleading information.

Had I known that Plusnet would act in such an unscrupulous manner, I would have opted for another provider in the first place.

I'm not that bothered by the £70, it's more the principle. To others, that sort of money might be the difference between eating or going hungry – and it's not on for Plusnet to renege on such commitments.

What are my options for recourse? Small claims court? Trading standards? Ofcom? 

Somewhat ironically, it would be a helluva lot cheaper for Plusnet to just cough up.

As an aside, what on earth happened to Plusnet? I've experienced multiple issues in the past year or so. Until recently, I would have had nothing but good things to say about the company – what a shame.

5 REPLIES 5
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Beware of Plusnet's mystical cashback offers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you've not seen the cashback email we've sent you. I can definitely see we sent this on 26/02/2019 at 00:03. The subject line of the email would've been "Claim your Plusnet Reward" and from "no-reply@plusnetrewards.com"

As per our cashback FAQs/terms Here the offer only lasts for 2 months before it expires.

If you can advise when you called to chase it up within 2 months of the email being sent I'll be happy to listen to the call and we'll take things from there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CH2IS

I didn't receive it and neither did it go to my spam folders, I was on the lookout for it too. In fact, I've been regularly chasing up the offer since I switched.

I called at least once, maybe even twice or more, within the window. On one call, I distinctly remember being told that the email would be sent in April, which is why I waited a while to chase it up again.

To my mind, it's downright dishonest to waylay a customer by misrepresenting the facts until after an offer has expired.

As much as I'd like to pursue the complaint, it hardly seems worth the time nor effort any more.

Frankly, I've grown so weary of dealing with Plusnet that I'm just going to take my custom elsewhere.

It seems so short-sighted and perverse: for the sake of a 70-quid offer, the company's lost a customer for good.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

Due to the time of night and that we've finished 13 minutes ago could I request that you leave this with me as I'd like to look into this further. I'll be back in the office tomorrow afternoon so I'll get back to you by tomorrow evening.

Thanks again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@CH2IS, Listening to your sales call as you were advised you'd receive your cashback within 60 days of your service going live with no mention of receiving an email to redeem, I've emailed our billing team to arrange to send you a cheque for your cashback amount. I should receive confirmation within the next 5 working days. I've also arranged for feedback to be passed onto the adviser regarding this because while the advice can be correct, for the particular type of offer you've been signed up on the advice was unfortunately incorrect. Sorry for the inconvenience we've caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet