cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Plusnet's cashback offers

clbrennan5

Beware of Plusnet's cashback offers

It seems that my situation unfortunately exactly mirrors that posted by another member (that has taken the time to vent their frustration, there are no doubt many more!)...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Beware-of-Plusnet-s-mystical-cashback-offers/td-p/1...

I signed up to Plusnet last November following a cash back incentive. I was directed to Plusnet’s site to sign up and received notification that I wouldn’t need to do anything to claim the cash back as the cheque would automatically be sent to me after 120 days of service. I therefore waited for 3-4 months to pass of paying my bill before looking into this further.

I was told by Plusnet that an email was sent to me that required action from me before the cheque could be sent, but as I’d not responded, the offer had expired. Not only does this go against the initial information I received, saying I wouldn’t have to do ANYTHING to receive the cash back, but also on contacting Plusnet, they’ve provided no evidence of the ‘said email’, to confirm it was sent to MY email address , or that it was sent AT ALL. I’ve looked through all my emails meticulously, even in the junk folder as advised and have found no such email?Huh

Having read the above customers feedback too, it seems I am not alone and this is a common occurrence. Clearly Plusnet want to entice people in with the cash back offer, but then claim to send ONE email and no chaser or warning it will expire, let alone evidence to me that they have actually done so. I think they hope that the majority of people can’t be bothered to chase their cash back offer and they’ll get away with it. I was tempted to give up too as I am extremely busy and the thought of sitting writing this for £60 didn’t seem worth it, but like the above customer said, it’s not about the money, it’s the principle that Plusnet’s have acted in an unscrupulous manner!

4 REPLIES 4
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Beware of Plusnet's cashback offers

Hi @clbrennan5

I am really sorry to hear that. We have a helpful guide to our cashback and rewards which may be able to answer your question here: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/.

Terms and Conditions for cashback offers are same for every customer and as stated on this guide, email is sent within 10 working days of your service being activated.

There are few exceptions like this part below, but based on your cashback offer code and T&C it was usual offer where email is sent and offer need to be claimed.

" Occasionally, we offer Plusnet Rewards automatically. That means you don't need to 'claim' them as explained below. Automatic rewards usually happen if you sign up through certain comparison sites, but we'll make it clear in our terms and conditions when you sign up. "

"4. When will I receive my Plusnet Reward?

You'll be sent an email to the address you gave when you signed up. You'll normally receive this within 10 working days of your service being activated."

If you still have it, can you please send us copy of that notification you've received - that you don't have to do anything and cheque will be send within 120 days? Was it on our website or on an affiliate? I can confirm that email was sent to you on 28/11/2019 and it  was never claimed. Email was sent to you from this address: no-reply@plusnetrewards.com.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

clbrennan5

Can you send me a copy of that email that you supposedly sent on 28/11/2019 to my email address to confirm you DID actually send it and that it went to the correct email address, because I have definitely had NO email from that email address on that date!

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I have now send you copy of this email on Private Message. If I remember correctly, default Gmail policy is to automatically delete any emails from trash and spam folder after 30 days so this may be reason why you do not have it in your mailbox now.

If you have any notification you can send us, confirming that you will receive cheque automatically within 120 days which you have mentioned earlier, please send it over and we will look into this for you.

clbrennan5

No it would go into my promotions inbox and I've looked back there and it's definitely not there.

I signed up using a comparison site and am unable to find anything more relating to the incentive. I think it is unfair that the fact that the offer expires is not made clear in any part of the sign up, I cannot find that email at all and have checked....I can send you a screen shot of my inbox for that date where there are at least 20 other emails on the same day so seems very odd this one didn't come through. 

As previously said, it's clear I'm not the only one who has experienced this, other people haven't received the email either, despite Plusnet saying it has been sent, so I think it's highly likely it's more to do with an issue at your end. However, I cannot be bothered to pursue this anymore as it's clear Plusnet are in denial, (despite many reviews on here and google search echoing my frustration with this mysterious cashback email) 

I don't plan to continue with Plusnet for any longer than I have to and will be sure to share my experience with others.