Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Between two stools

FIXED
Inthemiddleofit
Dabbler

Between two stools

Opted to change my service from John Lewis Broadband and phone to Plusnet in July this year. It’s an in house brand of course so should be easy......

Order placed on July 12th then nothing much happens until I start calling and raising tickets....

Router arrives in early August.

John Lewis give me a bill in late August for termination of my calls package which they take on the same date as their normally monthly direct debit. No word from Plusnet, I amend the ticket raising the query as to why no action.

John Lewis claim their payment of £10-45 outstanding - I raise a ticket and explain they have taken payment. They respond days later saying not so, I reply back with screenshot of Bank statement showing both transactions and with reference number on Thursday last week. Email today your service is restricted and now you owe us £17-95? Of course when I log in their website isn’t working so I can’t see what is happening.

Now I know this is the Plusnet community forum but since I can’t get an answer from either “desk” within your building John Lewis or Plusnet why has it taken from 12th July for a simple internal brand switch?

8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Between two stools

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Inthemiddleofit

Sorry to hear this and for the lack of communication during your Brand Migration transfer order.

I have had a look into your Plusnet account and made necessary adjustments that were required. You can see are now active on your Plusnet services, you can view my ticket on your members portal by Clicking Here

In regards to your billing query on your John Lewis Account, a ticket has been opened up previously to look into this matter for you, the relevant team will assist you with this matter soon.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you - Wakas

Inthemiddleofit
Dabbler

Well I can confirm that after your intervention that the service is now working -Yeah!

Unfortunately billing have ignored I took LRS at almost £200 back in July and are going to bill me line rental this month - Boo!

Guys this is painful.....and not a good start.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Sorry to hear this.

I've fixed the problem now for you now so you should be billed correctly moving forward.

I've also raised a ticket with our billing team to refund the line rental when the payment has cleared.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Inthemiddleofit
Dabbler

Looks as if this is all sorted. Thanks for this!

Inthemiddleofit
Dabbler

No refund payment yet?

I should have had it by now?

thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I can see the refund is being processed today and you should receive a cheque within the next 14 days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Inthemiddleofit
Dabbler

Line rental refunded from Plusnet. John Lewis bit more pain....cheque promised and today notification of a new DD payment - for a closed account. New billing system seems to have a mind of its own.

ill call the accounts team again