cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better not to cancel contract when switching providers?

geoff85

Better not to cancel contract when switching providers?

My family and i are moving home in the next two weeks (havent notified PN yet as its all come about quite quickly) and we have also decided to go with another provider at our new address, i vaguely remember reading that when switching provider its better to just go with the new provider and when their service starts plus net's will just end at the same time, this way avoiding a period without service. Im pretty uneducated when comes to all of this so any advice would be great
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Better not to cancel contract when switching providers?

If you are moving home then it is totally different

The other provider won't take over your existing line but will start a new one

So you have to contact Plusnet and give them the necessary notice. You will be informed of the cancellation charges at that time

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Better not to cancel contract when switching providers?

Welcome to the community forums @geoff85.

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving.

Generally speaking the switching process would be gaining provider lead so what you've said would be correct for a standard switch of provider. However as oldjim has said, if you are moving home, it would be best to give us a call and let us know.

The quickest way to get through to our Customer Options Team to discuss this further would be to call on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving)

I hope your move goes smoothly and I wish you all the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet