Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to return to PlusNet?

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Best way to return to PlusNet?

That is what I want to know.....
I was with PlusNet a while back and have retained a "dial-up" account for various reasons, including referrals and knowing that "I'll be back" in due course.  Wink
I won't bore you with the reasons for leaving, but at the time PlusNet were not then supplying the type of service I needed (multiple mismatches) but are now, as I expected they would eventually. Cool
My phone line is with BT, and will stay that way (I don't need or want to switch to PN phone as it will cause some other complex problems I don't want to deal with yet).
My broadband is ADSL2+ LLU and I get about 19mbps downstream (1.3mbps upstream). BT now have full ADSL2+ on my exchange so that is what I would transfer to on PN.
Fibre is being installed in my area, but slowly. I may move to that in due course, though I don't need it now. For some reason my cabinet is not yet showing any signs of an upgrade - only those that are some distance from the exchange so far, and none are yet "live".
I want to keep my existing account and essentially "upgrade" it back to ADSL2+ from "dial-up".
Presumably I will need a MAC from my current ISP, but what else do I need to do to ensure the transfer is smooth and trouble-free. And where do I start with placing the order?
8 REPLIES 8
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Best way to return to PlusNet?

Seems like a couple of people had problems recently trying to do re activate an old account
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4242717-old-user-frustrating-web-signup-lack-of-it.html?pag...
You may be best getting a new account and having your existing referrals moved over to it, which can done, as confirmed below
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4242717-old-user-frustrating-web-signup-lack-of-it.html#Pos...
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro

Someone in that forum topic seemed unhappy at having to phone up as the online process couldn't cope. It also mentions problems going to fibre, which I'm not wanting as yet.
None of that surprises or bothers me, but a definitive answer from a PN rep would be handy sometime (I'm in no rush at present).  Cool
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: HPsauce
Fibre is being installed in my area, but slowly.

Interestingly an availability check a few days ago showed no FTTC. Today it says: WBC FTTC Up to 52.3 Up to 10.9 -- 31-Mar-14
So I have a bit of a wait if I did want it........
(I used http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome )
HPsauce
Pro

No PlusNet staff with any comments on the best way for me to do this?  Cry
I saw a BTOR technician working away on the fibre cabinet at the end of my road today, so things are presumably progressing........
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
If there's a dial account still open you should be able to log in and go through the product change? If that's not what you're after I think the best bet would be to call the sales team and they should be able to get everything moving for you. If you do that and have any doubts drop a post in here and we can look over everything and make sure it's happening how you want it to.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: Matt
If there's a dial account still open you should be able to log in and go through the product change?

OK, I'll try that in due course, it's just that I've read multiple comments about that not working with a MAC.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Hi  HP :waves:
Im not sure about adsl upgrade as I didnt try that,  but for fttc it definitely wont let you.  It just sends you round the houses and kicks you back to the help pages.
You may be able to test it out now and attempt placing an order, just not completing it.  Its at a fairly early stage that it kicks you to the help pages.  
I think I mentioned elsewhere that the PN system wont let you upgrade to fibre online. 😕
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: kitz
Hi  HP :waves:

Waves back.  Cheesy
Just wondered why this has been moved to another section, one that I didn't think was really appropriate  Undecided