Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to move out 'cleanly'?

FIXED
Moverout55553

Best way to move out 'cleanly'?

Hi there,

I'm completing on selling my house tomorrow (hopefully!) and need to cancel my plusnet service (new house already has existing service, so no transfer required).

I'd like to know what I should be asking for when cancelling to leave the line in the easiest state for the new house owner to resume service with Plusnet (or transfer elsewhere).

As a secondary point, and I think I know the answer to this, being mid-contract would I save any money if the new occupant decides to continue with plusnet?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Best way to move out 'cleanly'?

you said the property you are moving into has an internet connection, how will you be taking over the ownership of that specific internet/phone account.
In most cases its not just a case of moving in and as it was there before, it will be on the future.
You will need to liase with the current/former owner add transfer the internet account to you, both as owner and bill payer.
The bill payer will be responsible for anything that happens on that connection.

is not or shouldn't be just a case of moving and its there
Moverout55553

Thanks for your reply. I should clarify that the house and line I'm moving to is and will continue to be owned by someone else., so no need to transfer.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @Moverout55553,

If you're looking to move homes and won't need your current services at the new property then the best people to discuss this with would be our House Moves Team. They can be reached on 0800 013 2632  between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pint
Aspiring Pro

Are you going to be co-habiting, that is moving in with someone else/flat/house sharing?
Moverout55553

No, why?

pint
Aspiring Pro

It just seems a little unusual to be moving into another property and in effect using the previous occupants account