cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to change to Plusnet

mnUser
Hooked

Best way to change to Plusnet

I've been a metronet customer for the past 6 years. The time to move home has come - like a mile away :). So I thought it would be a good time to move to Plusnet.
I want a broadband and phone deal. I'm looking at the Extra Boradband And Call package with line rental paid a year in advance. And the package has a half price BB for 12 months.
What is the recommended path to do the change? Close my Metronet account and buy the new product online? Do I lose any benefits? Would it be possible to keep my current phone number (although not mandatory)?
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Best way to change to Plusnet

Hi there,
To address your questions:
Quote from: mnUser
What is the recommended path to do the change? Close my Metronet account and buy the new product online?

Yes - though I'd recommend calling our sales line as they'll be able to help you and will make all the necessary arrangements on your behalf.
Do I lose any benefits?

Not that I can think of, no... do you have any benefits on your Metronet account?
Would it be possible to keep my current phone number (although not mandatory)?

As you're not moving too far it's likely you'll still be connected to the same exchange, so keeping the same number is possible. I can't say it's guaranteed though.
Hope that helps Smiley
mnUser
Hooked

Re: Best way to change to Plusnet

Quote from: Matt
Not that I can think of, no... do you have any benefits on your Metronet account?

No, I don't. Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking more like, there was a better way to make the change so it could be sorted out quickly and keeping my details. But as you mentioned a call can help me sort it out so that's good enough.
Quote from: Matt
Hope that helps Smiley

It did. I'll give them a call. Thanks for your help!