cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Deal for Broadband and Voice

Minusnet1
Dabbler

Best Deal for Broadband and Voice

How is it possible for me to still have a limit on my Broadband usage.. when I could take out a new 12 month contract and get unlimted for less money?
And how come if I was not an existing user the same 12 month contract would be considerable cheaper?
Although still expensive compared to other suppliers ( like 50% more)
slightly disgruntled user .. who sees little value in remaining a customer
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Best Deal for Broadband and Voice

Quote from: SousSeine
How is it possible for me to still have a limit on my Broadband usage.. when I could take out a new 12 month contract and get unlimted for less money?

I presume because you haven't requested a product change.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It's up to users to initiate a change to new products if they want to. Not all changes are necessarily beneficial and there can be implications, like needing to re-contract. The user needs make the decision whether such changes are acceptable.
If you are willing to re-contract it is worth giving Plusnet's Customer Options Team a call on 0330 123 9197 to see what deals they can offer. The COT are available Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
David
Minusnet1
Dabbler

Hmmm .... odd that when other utilities and banks have been told to get their acts together and offer consumers clear deals and be constarined to tell people what is the best deal that can be offered ... the telecomms industry appears to be still trying to confuse their customers out of their hard earned.
I had already been to look at the change product page .. and the only choice I was offered was to renew for 12 months with unlimted download ... for a saving of around 30 pounds ... but only if I go and recommit?????
I have tried ringing the number provided .. but I am afraid that 12 minutes of being told my call is important is the limit of my patience.
I have raised a call on the desk ... still awaiting support action ....  reminds me of the situation a few months back when my phone died completely.
Th front page of the Plusnet site talks of "Joe" offering me unlimited broadband for 2.50 per month .... and yet the change product does NOT should this possibility.
The previous responses seem to imply that suppliers are almost obliged to try and confuse customers into bad deals and contracts .. caveat emptor seems to be the expected mode of operation .......    I find this a very sad reflection on English business practices.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The offer on the Plusnet front page is for new customers in a low cost area and £2.50 per month for 12 months, then £9.99 for 6 months on an 18 month contract. The product change pages for existing customers show the standard prices for 12 month contracts.
Existing customers need to contact the COT to check offers available to them.
David
Minusnet1
Dabbler

Not sure what a COT is ...
AS I thought I had explained .. I have exhausted my patience on the phone
Still no answer to the call I raised on the desk .... awaiting Support response..
So that is it ...
Another customer lost
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

COT Customer Options Team I believe and they are the same people you contact to get your MAC
Residential cancellations
    0845 140 6002
    0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm