cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement of Account Holder & VOIP number transfer

theseagull

Bereavement of Account Holder & VOIP number transfer

Hello all,

It's still early days yet but my dad who is Plusnet account holder has passed away a couple of days ago - his death hasn't been registered yet either.

What I'd like to know please is the current process for closing down the Plusnet account as the house will be vacated and to transfer the landline number to a VoIP provider please? The number has been in use for pushing 25 years so even if the property is being vacated there's loads of people who have the number see.

Thanks,

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Bereavement of Account Holder & VOIP number transfer

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. I'm extremely sorry to hear of the passing of your farther, and wish to send our condolences from us all here at Plusnet. In order to have the account closed down, please send us a copy of the death certificate once the death has been registered.

You can send this into postroom@plus.net.

Please include the account username in the email and we'll have this sorted out for you.

Unfortunately, we do not offer support to VOIP telephone numbers, however your VOIP provider may still be able to place an order to import the number over from ourselves, please contact the provider to make your enquiries there.

I hope this helps, Adam.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Bereavement of Account Holder & VOIP number transfer

My sympathy for your loss.

However, if you are wishing to transfer the number to a VOIP service, then the number must still be active for it to be transferred. The transfer is made by requesting the VOIP supplier to import the number. This will automatically cease the landline and thus the broadband. Normally when requesting a number transfer to VOIP, you have to provide evidence to the VOIP supplier that you 'own' the number. This is usually covered by sending a recent bill for the phone line. That may be complicated by the fact that the landline is in your dads name. I suggest you contact your VOIP supplier in the first instance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.