cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement - and what to do next?

shelfhx
Grafter

Bereavement - and what to do next?

A friend of mine passed away on February 1st and I'm helping to deal with the estate. I believe he may have been in the process of switching broadband providers from O2 to Plusnet, but I'm not certain of this, and have no details of any account he may have had at Plusnet.
What I do know is that O2 has been his broadband provider from January 2010 and still is, but a DD to Plusnet was setup on 9th October 2012 and two payments of ~£6.95 have been taken, the first on or around 17th December 2012 and the second on or around 17th January 2012.
The family have no interest in maintaining a broadband connection, but I don't know who to contact to cancel any account at Plusnet, and to request a refund of the DD payments as I don't believe any service has yet been provided.
I'm hoping someone can help with this.
6 REPLIES 6
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Re: Bereavement - and what to do next?

Its best to raise a ticket with Plusnet to get it sorted, or call them.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Moved to Accounts and Billing but I am not sure how to handle this given the Data Protection Rules - best to wait for it to be picked up in the  morning
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm very sorry to hear that, condolences on your loss. If you give our support team a call they'll be able to sort things out for you.
shelfhx
Grafter

Hi Matt,
I'll do that.
Thanks.
histon

I hope you've had better luck than me - I've now been 64 MINUTES on hold, via 3 departments and cut off once to report a bereavement/cancel a line.
I will NEVER recommend PlusNet again.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi histon,
Sorry to see and hear in regards to all aspects of your post.
Apologies for the wait, I hope you managed to get everything arranged that you needed too, if there's anything you do need assistance with please let me know.
Chris