cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement - Subsequent bills sent to email of deceased relative only

dg87

Bereavement - Subsequent bills sent to email of deceased relative only

Hi,

I informed Plusnet that my mother passed away on 02 November. As I fortunately know the account login details I can see that an account closure request was made stating that the customer had passed away. However the next action was merely to suspend the account, and subsequent bill payment requests (final bill I hope, it has not been clarified?) have been sent only to my mothers email address.

Surely once Plusnet are informed someone has died, subsequent payment requests should be sent by post, ideally to the executor (myself) or to the customer address as it is unlikely the email is actively monitored?

Could you clarify Plusnet's current bereavement process? Should I receive a final bill or account closure statement by post? The account currently says the next bill will be due in December, for what service?

Yours sincerely,

Disgruntled son of deceased customer.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Bereavement - Subsequent bills sent to email of deceased relative only

Hi there.

First of all I'm really sorry for your recent loss of your mother, please accept my sincere condolences during what is a very difficult time without the added issues of dealing with things like this.

While unfortunately we generally don't issue invoices via post, we should be waiving all termination fees if the account holder has passed away and the relevant documentation provided if needed.

Could you send me a private message with any details I could use to locate her account (username, address, landline phone number) and I'll be happy to clarify this further?

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet