cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement - Help with closing down account

sstephen58

Bereavement - Help with closing down account

I am creating this topic within the Plusnet Community on behalf of my deceased father. I have created a Plusnet Community account using his details, username, email address, etc. 

Please could you advise on how I can proceed with closing down his account? He lived alone and will not need services at his address anymore.

He has an 18 month contract which ends on 31st Jul 2022 and has been a PlusNet customer since 2015.

I can provide the original or a scanned copy of the death certificate, as well as any other information required to proceed with closing down his account. I would also like to know the expected final bill.

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Bereavement - Help with closing down account

Escalated for staff attention.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@sstephen58 

Sorry for your loss.

Hopefully a staffer will come along quickly. If not this might help. https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Bereavement-and-Plusnet-Customer-Services/m-p/1812943... 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@sstephen58 

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, please accept my condolences. To cancel the account down there are a couple of options:

- You can send me a PM with your mobile number and if you're able to pass data protection over the phone, I'll be able send the cancellation off to the relevant team. 

Or

- You are able to send us an email with a copy of the death certificate to postroom@plus.net, the cancellation will be processed once received. Please ensure you send us the account details and let us know if you would like to update the contact email or number to your own. If you choose to do this, please be aware that any communication will be sent in your father's name.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your recent loss. I'd advise sending a copy of the death certificate over to postroom@plus.net and one of the team will be get back in touch with you as soon as possible. If you could please include in the email as many details regarding the account as you're aware of so we can link it up to the account along with your request of wanting the account cancelled.

Although I can't confirm how the final billing will fall exactly just yet, I can confirm that all charges and invoices that were made after the date shown on the certificate will be refunded and no early termination fee's would generate as the account closes.
Once again, please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.