cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being redirected to failed.billing.plus.net after having paid my last bill

FS3DPete

Being redirected to failed.billing.plus.net after having paid my last bill

So this is one that a lot of people are experiencing.

When I navigate to any non-secure website, and sometimes to certain secure websites, I am instead redirected to failed.billing.plus.net (which also fails to load and instead times out). It should go without saying that

1. This happens only on my broadband connection

2. I can bypass this issue by using VPN (although I shouldn't have to)

3. Nothing capable of using browser VPN is able to connect unless it uses HTTPS port 8080 or 443

4. This also includes all of plusnet's websites (I had to pay my last bill via mobile connection)

5. Payment was made hours ago, and the service is still down for me.

Having seen that this is the same story for the vast majority of customers, that this behaviour kicks in on, or immediately following, the day one is billed, is a frustrating experience. There appears to be no 14 day grace period as there is with practically every other internet provider on the planet (which is inconvenient for those of us who are paid monthly), and I am forced to use workarounds to even so much as pay my bill (if I had no VPN facility and no mobile phone, I would be forced to make a phone call, which is highly inconvenient compared to online billing).

Needless to say, this is making me reconsider my choice of internet service provider. I chose this option because it was cheaper than the alternatives for the same service, but I also need reliability.

Can someone fix this please? And also can someone make sure that it doesn't happen unless I am overdue by 14 days or more on my bill? If I have to, I will pay a month in advance to avoid the issue, but I don't want this happening again.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Being redirected to failed.billing.plus.net after having paid my last bill

@FS3DPete  unfortunately ,, there is no way you are able to pay in advance Shocked

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Wouldn't it be easier to pay by direct debit? I understand that it's now possible to change the billing date if it falls at a difficult time in the month.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

FS3DPete

Yes it would, but the payment is attempted on the billing date, not 7 days after as one might have expected (it's why I had to cancel it to begin with). I also changed the billing date once already so cannot do so again for another 4 months.

In any event, the issue is still present, and needs fixing.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @FS3DPete, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with your service and for restrictions being applied to the account incorrectly. I have raised a request off to the relevant department to have these restrictions lifted as payment has been made. This should be picked up shortly.

With regards to a fix, we are actively working on this however it can take some time. I do appreciate the frustration this creates on a customers side. As soon as we have any updates to provide, we will let you know accordingly.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I would imagine the vast majority of customers pay by direct debit and therefore are unaffected by this issue.