cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being overcharged after new contract

Claire33

Being overcharged after new contract

I signed up for a new contract and received notification of payments of £22.49 a month but Plusnet are taking £33.49 a month from my bank account. There doesn't seem to be any way to raise a ticket for this online or email anyone about it.

I'm posting here in the hope that someone from Plusnet picks this up as there seeems to be no way to contact other than by phone. Ref was 197535958 for the new contract.

6 REPLIES 6
Forestryman

Re: Being overcharged after new contract

Sad to say we are not the only ones. I was out of contract with Plusnet in November and upgraded to an 18 month deal with double the speed at a lower monthly cost. I really wish I had switched to another ISP as it has been a shambles. I was told my upgrade had gone through when my line speed was still clearly capped at half the speed I should have been getting. Initially I was told I  was wrong, everything was fine. Further tests and screen shots from me persuaded Plusnet they were wrong and it was sorted out. Since November my account has shown my upgrade as "Pending" and I have been overcharged every month. For February I have two e-mails advsing the bill and I wonder if I am going to get double charged!

I have rung twice to try and get this resolved- I have been told that there are 30- 40, 000 customers with the same problem and that it will get sorted out- but no idea of when. Looking at threads from 2019 this does not seem to be a new problem. I have been with Plusnet for several years- this is the only time I have asked for a change/ help and they have failed completely. I have asked if I am actually under contract or could leave but have been told " I cant tell you that". Frankly the customer service seems terrible and I very much doubt I will renew with Plusnet again. All i want is what I agreed to pay for- is that too much to expect? Apparently it is. I have also noticed that the e-mail option to raise issues has been removed and only phoning is possible- could this be linked to the scale of this problem?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Claire33, thanks for getting in tocuh.

Sorry for the issues you're having with your bills, I've provided an update via this ticket here

I'm sorry for the issues you're encountering too @Forestryman, I can see this has been raised with the relevant team who are actively working on a fix though I do sincerely apologise for the length of time it's taking to resolve. As soon as we have any further updates, we will let you know accordingly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Forestryman

Thanks for your  response. Unfortunately it does not really add anything to the conversation I had when I phoned customer services on 15th January, over a month ago, or on 2nd February when I again phoned to ask about progress as the promised e-mail to update me had not been received. 

I upgraded my account on 9th November and on 11th November I was advised by Plusnet that the order was complete. Clearly it wasn't and it was November 27th before the line cap was lifted. Logging in to my account at the moment there is nothing to tell me what I  should be paying or what deal I am on- though I do have the e-mail's sent to me regarding speed and cost. There is no guaranteed line speed showing either, although it does indicate an average at the moment of c52 MB against a supposed speed of 68MB, which would indicate I am still not getting the speed I was guaranteed. Of course, I have no idea if these figures are accurate.

My view remains that I am not under contract as Plusnet have not supplied the service as offered and accepted within a reasonable time and at the cost agreed - so I should be able to change provider. Will you advise me if this is corrcet? I really don't need the aggravation and stress this is causing.

Esentially three months afterr my upgrade the various problems has not all been resolved ansd Plusnet are still taking money from my account that they are not entitled to.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Forestryman 

I'm sorry to see there are issues with your fibre upgrade. I've looked into this for you and I've raised a support ticket on your account you'll be able to view and respond to by going Here.

In summary I've refunded the overcharges, plan to correct your bills moving forward before they generate, looked into your speeds and clarified where you'd stand from a contract point of view.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Claire33

I replied to the ticket confirming that you were overcharging me and requesting a refund. I have not had any reply or a refund.

I have not agreed to the payments you are taking from my account so please refund the amount that you have incorrectly taken to date and correct the billing.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Claire33,

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you on here and on the ticket. I can see that there has now been an update on the ticket and you can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team