cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged with new tariff even though I left

Jaco

Being charged with new tariff even though I left

Hello everyone,

I have switched provider within the 14 days (contract ended on the 27th of September, signed the new one on the 15th) but today I got an email from Plusnet with the final bill of £ 32.88 (I used to pay 18.99) which has to be paid on the 4th of October.

I do not understand why I am being charged with the new tariff despite I gave notice within the 14 days, will I get a refund?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Being charged with new tariff even though I left

Hi @Jaco

I can see your transfer to your new provider has only just completed today. We'll cancel your account within 24 hours and then generate your final bill within 20 days which will contain any termination fees and/or refund for a service you may have paid you've not had from us. 

It's worth nothing though that if your standard monthly payment is due out after your account's cancelled we won't take it. We'll instead generate a more accurate bill when we produce your final invoice.

If you owe us money we'll email to let you know, but if we do we'll refund it to your bank account if your direct debit is active. If you cancel your direct debit, we'll post a cheque to you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jaco

It's been a month and yesterday I got charged again, this time for £ 3.36, so not only I didn't get a refund but instead I got charged again.

Why is it ? 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Jaco, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've received a further charge. I've looked into this for you and although I can't confirm the specifics on here I've update a ticket on your account confirming the information that can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219221875

I hope this helps.